Coding Task List - Before IB2 Initial Release

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.

Re: Coding Task List - Before IB2 Initial Release

Postby youngneil1 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:55 am

Slowly, but happily synching here... I hope the prefix system for tiles works out in the end with the rest of the specific IB2 code base. Jumping into the dark a bit here... worked out everytime so far, so I am optimistic :) .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:14 pm

Toolset fully synched now :) .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:35 pm

So, looks like we are into the home stretch for end of march next beta release of IB2 now.

I just have to return to the engine side once more to synch Jer's most recent work on crash fixes and both - engine and toolset - are fully synched (where it makes sense due to the differences in IBMini and IB2).

I will use the remaining time afterwards for bug hunting (and I expect lots of those because I coded long stretches with just very brief tests in between) and polishing a bit (no time left for getting the next round of features in). And also for helping with the IB Toolset guide.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:35 am

Did above mentioned synch with the engine.

I look at the toolset again now and wonder how I can avoid renaming all those tile files (png) in the tiles folder manually. Maybe I will actually leave their names as they are and instead group them behind the scnes (one button eg labeled t_m would then show eg t_bridge as that is man made, too). Must investigate what is the fastest way forward. Eventually I will work alternatively with a more closed struture, offering like six predefined tile buttons and some kind of collect the rest button. Authors themselves then can do the renaming (and should not forget to press the new update tile references button afterwards, including setting up the alias text file befirehand). Atm I see too many tile buttons in any case.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:18 am

So, I added a property on module level like useFixedTileCategories (or similary, must look it up):

If set to false, the IBMini system is used (auto generation of sorting buttons based on tile names found in tiles folder).

If set to true, only these seven sorting buttons appear:

All (shows all tiles from tiles fodlers of current and NewModule)
OnMap (shows only tiles already placed on the current area)
t_m (only man made things starting their .png filename with t_m_)
t_n (only natural thigns starting their .png filename with t_n_)
t_f (only floors starting their .png filename with t_f_)
t_w (only walls starting their .png filename with t_w_)
Rest (all .png in the tiles folders that do not begin with t_m_, t_n_, t_f_ or t_w_)

They all seem to work with the exception of OnMap which I still have to code.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:23 am

Finished coding onMap tile filter, too. It is quite handy and a good companion for directly picking a tile image from map, because the later gets sometimes a bit complicated if a square has tile images on multiple layers.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:15 am

Updated first post (task list) a bit to reflect at least some of the recent fixes/additions. When reading this first post I always become a bit scared of what we have thrown ourselves into here, but also a tiny bit proud of our little IB fellowship, too :) .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:22 pm

Fixed a little bug concerning the loading of tokens upon character creation (while synching with IBMini I introduced a typo/search and replace error here).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:01 pm

Investigating a bug related to quick saves right now...
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:01 am

...and fixed IB2 specific quick save bug (I accidentally stored the full tile lusts of all areas in the quick save).

Now investigating bug with uncovering fog of war after loading a save game. The fade animation is played for already explored squares once again as soon as they appear on screen. This is not supposed to happen, looks I need additional info concerning this in the savegame.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

PreviousNext

Return to General IceBlink Project Discussions