Coding Task List - Before IB2 Initial Release

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.

Re: Coding Task List - Before IB2 Initial Release

Postby youngneil1 » Thu May 18, 2017 6:03 pm

IB2 Beta v47 - no liabilities/no warranties, use at own risk:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e5yvzdqa3ui3c ... 7.zip?dl=0

- year 1295 edition :)
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Fri May 19, 2017 6:55 am

Slowly, but steadily working on temporary allies/summons here (think unlimited number of "player characters" (can look like monsters) added for one encounter, manually controlled, set up via script on start of encounter or during the fight by spell)...
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Dorateen » Mon May 22, 2017 1:09 pm

youngneil1 wrote:IB2 Beta v47 - no liabilities/no warranties, use at own risk:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e5yvzdqa3ui3c ... 7.zip?dl=0

- year 1295 edition :)

I downloaded the latest version. The year 1295 does appear when I start a New Game. However, loading up an existing save, the year still shows as 0

Would there be a way to add a check, so games that are in progress can be updated to use the new value?
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Mon May 22, 2017 3:09 pm

Invaluable to have you guys test out stuff, many thanks - another one I missed :roll: . I will look a it right away, Dorateen, and see were I missed proper saving of this info.

On another note, I had a slow weekend with spring finally arriving here and days getting warmer. Nontheless, a few lines were coded, too (still summons&allies, which so far refuse to work :lol: ).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Pongo » Mon May 22, 2017 5:41 pm

I've got my little city looking pretty nifty, albeit empty of proper content. But there are now multiple wandering characters (some with convos), all the shops are up and running and selling gear, and I've added some neat graphical touches (eg I've animated the water tiles and made the city square look more interesting with a central character statue etc).
I'm going to break from building the city now to go back to the traits - I've been having some problems getting these to work as I wanted, and I don't want to crack on with quests until they're ok. I'll have time to have a proper look at this later in the week, hopefully I'll work it out but if not I may be looking for help again. :)
Pongo
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Mon May 22, 2017 7:46 pm

That is awesome progress, Phil :) ! The animated water I look for very much, also the shops (I have not used these at all, not even for testing, so it's super cool everything survived synching with IBMini). Concerning the traits, don't torture yourself too much, please, and give me an early shout out so I can go on bug hunting ;) .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Mon May 22, 2017 7:58 pm

I downloaded the latest version. The year 1295 does appear when I start a New Game. However, loading up an existing save, the year still shows as 0

Would there be a way to add a check, so games that are in progress can be updated to use the new value?

I think it could be a way forward to update all savegames whose world time is below the world time defined via toolset. This way the old savegames can catch up with the new world time, but still the synching ends once they have caught up...
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Mon May 22, 2017 8:16 pm

Oh, and another note I just summoned the first outside party ally at start of a battle. Still, lots of testing and debugging ahead, but this looks promising :D. I might (at least for some time) make a step back when it to comes to animatiosn frame allwoed for attack animatiosn, going back to default 2 frames for everything, will see.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Pongo » Mon May 22, 2017 8:44 pm

I won't keep doing this, but for what its worth here's a slightly longer video showing the animations and talking props and some of the shops etc. I'm using a load of great icons for weapons and traits from graphicriver.net in addition to the tilesets from Oryx. :) The water animations aren't that obvious, but it just adds a little something that they're not completely static.
https://youtu.be/nU_kBHcFkF8
Pongo
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Tue May 23, 2017 2:29 am

Awesome work Pongo! This looks and feels great... a living, breathing town. I enjoy the videos, thanks for taking the time to create and share them.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General IceBlink Project Discussions