Coding Task List - Before IB2 Initial Release

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.

Re: Coding Task List - Before IB2 Initial Release

Postby youngneil1 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:57 am

Great to hear - lookign forward to all feedback (aka as bug sighting reports :lol: ) incoming!
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:29 am

What already works (not published yet):
- disable "drop" for equipped items on inventory screen (gotta unequip first, which migth not be possibel or cost a turn)
- remove dialogue that asks for item user (at least in combat: always character whose current turn it is); generally make an option for some items never asking this, even on main map (eg torch)

To do:

- new item property endTurnOnEquipStateChange (so changign weapons might end the characters trun immediately)
- make recharge item script
- better sorting and labeling of item properties (in toolset)
- new item property for items that are only useable when equipped
- new item property that disallows (un-)equipping an item during an encounter (must double check if this is in already)
- generally show more item info automatically in item description (reading in the properties of the item) (in engine)
- draw charges in differnt color than quantity for ammunition or stacked items
- lots of debugging, I guess (:roll: :lol: )
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:40 pm

IB Beta v80 released - use at your own risk, no liabilities, no warranties:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gcs7hbofnjqko ... 0.zip?dl=0

- tried to fix "fail to end turn when using item" bug
- fixed incorrectly flagging inventory squares on inventory screen 2 and more as containing equipped items
- disable "drop" for equipped items on inventory screen (gotta unequip first, which migth not be possible or cost a turn)
- remove dialogue that asks for item user (at least in combat: always character whose current turn it is); also torch items will never ask for user, even outside combat
- draw charges in differnt Color (green) than quantity for ammunition or stacked items
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Dorateen » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:40 pm

Sounds good, and different colors to distinguish between charges and quantity/ammunition amounts is a neat idea. I should be able to download and test by the beginning of next week.
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:29 am

Great - looking forward to the results of your brave pioneer work :) .

I think I got these two features working internally, too, now:

- new item property endTurnOnEquipStateChange (so e.g. changing weapons might end the characters turn immediately)
- new item property that disallows (un-)equipping an item during an encounter

These will be set for all items by default to end turn on change during battle and to generally allow changing during battle (so equipment types like rings or necklaces, but also armor or boots become by default exchangeable during combat). The consequence is that you might want to adjust these properties for some items (eg perhaps make all/most/some armors not changeable in combat or allow continuing the turn when exchangign one small weapon for another small weapon, stuff like this). It's a bit extra work, but a lot flexibility is gained (or so I hope).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:56 am

Happily coding away here - the new item property for items that are only useable when equipped is up and running, too, now.

Next up for me are (heavily) extended item stats shown to the player automatically. This is quite tedious work, buts still feels good as it makes me realize how powerful and flexible IB's items are already. The approach I take here is to only show stats when they are "unsual"/"relevant", eg no need to show soemthing like aoERadius = 0 (and if it is zero, no need to show the shape type of the AoE). Will see how it looks in the end...
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:20 am

.. still on it, a bit slower than usual during the more busy pre-Christmas time. As a windfall profit I am fixing some item properties not/not correctly implemented along the way, eg useableInSituation should work after next beta update (so you can eg make healing salves for restoring hp or meditation stones for restoring sp that each can only be applied after battle). I am also making what I call "item perks" now a bit more visible. These are just tags added to a pc when an item is equipped. They allow interactions of other gameplay systems with the pc based on this. Most important example are passive traits that require the presence of the correct item perk (as pc tag of the pc wearing the item) in order to work (like eg +2 to attack only with weapons that have the "lightWeapon" perk).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Dorateen » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:16 pm

I downloaded version 80 to test the wand. It showed the charges in green, and the gold square only appears around the equipped items in the inventory on the first page. The wand worked correctly in combat, ending the character's turn after use. Good work!
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:06 pm

Awesome,happy to hear your feedback, Dorateen :) !
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:10 am

During my work on item info setup I stumbled upon item properties for hp and sp regeneration outside combat... gonna rework those now (e.g. using minutes not rounds and generally improving how these properties are handled).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Previous

Return to General IceBlink Project Discussions