Seven Dragon Saga from TSI

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.

Seven Dragon Saga from TSI

Postby Dorateen » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:28 pm

I wanted to make a post about the new Kickstarter that launched yesterday for Seven Dragon Saga, the RPG in development by former SSI "Gold Box" designers. They are going to need a lot of help to get this funded, but if anyone is interested in a tactical turn-based adventured controlling a party of up to 6 characters, check out their campaign:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/53 ... s-interact

They have some neat ideas going on, and an interesting setting. I'm all in at this point, let's see if they can make it to the finish line.
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Re: Seven Dragon Saga from TSI

Postby youngneil1 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:41 am

Hits lots of right strings with me (hehe, well obviously, as that gold box theme is a guiding motive, too, here). Keeping fingers crossed for them, will be a rough one.

They might consider to redo their intro video, imho it takes much too long befote the game appears the first time. But thats likely just me (and its hard to do these really good indeed, still remember myself trying to record something awkwardly, shudder :lol: ).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Re: Seven Dragon Saga from TSI

Postby Pongo » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:06 pm

Thanks for posting, Dorateen, I'd somehow missed this going live. The guys from SSI get instaback - although I wish they were using D&D!

The video could be better though, yeah. I guess their main selling point is the goldbox connection so they're majoring on it. The combat clips were ok but didn't look particularly innovative, but I really liked some of the character creation ideas - eg giving them all backstories that influence how much experience they get for completing quests in certain ways is pretty cool.

Fingers crossed for them.
Pongo
Backer
Backer

Return to General IceBlink Project Discussions