Sword Coast Legends

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.

Sword Coast Legends

Postby youngneil1 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:12 pm

A little off-IB-topic, but I dug into Sword Coast Legends (coming in September this year) a little bit. That looks really interesting, no competitor to IB as it's all 3D real time with pause (so not Gold Box, but NWN and Dragon Age: Origins as design inspiration).

That being said, it might be a hell of fun to form a multiplayer adventure group there with somebody of us DMing. Mayhaps we can do some core IB group gaming there, guys :D ? Well, it's early in the day (mayhaps it simply sucks) and time zones will kill us :lol: , but yet I somehow like that thought...
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Re: Sword Coast Legends

Postby slowdive » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:43 am

Sounds like a great idea, count me in. I used to be part of The Tavern of Hidden Tales group where we would play through each others NWN2 modules in multiplayer mode. The members were from all over the globe and we were able to find a time once a week to play so it is possible. Good times.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:14 am

Excellent, sounds exactly like the thing I thought of :D . I will keep a watchful eye on Sword Coast Legends and mayhaps for fun and inspiration fetch me the one or other D&D 5th Edition rulebook, sweet nostalgia . Luckily, I am a morning type person, so I can e.g. easily rise quite early for weekend sessions designating to gaming across the globe :D .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Pongo » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:15 pm

Count me in as well - I don't often pre-order games but this one is already sat in my Steam account. Like you say, it might be rubbish, but I feel I should support anything Sword Coast related. And the videos showing the DMing tools have looked pretty cool! :D Also happy to get up early in the morning. Nothing a good coffee can't fix.
Pongo
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:06 pm

Cool guys, then it's three of us already - > about 120 years of rpg experience combined... well, RL is an rpg somehow, too, ain't it? ;)
I will do some steam pre-order, too, I think. Just too exciting, that live DM stuff is really the magic spin. Oh, speaking of coffee, I totally agree and just need one more right now :lol: .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Return to General IceBlink Project Discussions