IB2 Users Road Map

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.

IB2 Users Road Map

Postby joshua » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:28 am

Hi, a year or so ago I started working on about three modules for IB Android. With best been slow at the best of times but in the last couple of months has ground to a halt. O would like to pickup again but with at least two. The problem now is that I'm not sure how to migrate my projects to IB2.

My thought is to probably start from scratch in terms of module design and then import the assets I created for the older version. So that would require me to approach Iceblink as completely new user. So as a first step I went to the http://www.iceblinkengine.com to see where I would start. Nothing there seems up to date.

Back to the forum, I'm not sure how to get caught up and update my work environment - by which I mean both the toolkit as well as everything necessary to test and distribute my module for use on Android or PC. I wonder if we could create a the very least a sticky thread with a first post that contains links to the latest usable versions of everything.

Looking forward to getting back on the train!

Cheers,

EDIT:

slowdive wrote:Posted v12 to The Vault and Google Play (labeled v7 for android). They both include 'Lanterna - The Exile' for play testing.

Does this mean that the applications in The Vault actually ARE up to date?

A search for Iceblink RPG on Google Play produces 8 results including IceBlink 2 RPG (BETA) which I will now install.
joshua

Re: IB2 Users Road Map

Postby slowdive » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:48 am

Here is the toolset and engine for the PC:

http://neverwintervault.org/project/ice ... nd-toolset

all modules made with that toolset will run on the PC IB2 engine and the Android IB2 engine since both the PC and Android IB2 engines are exactly the same. We definitely need to start creating a sticky and more documentation as the beta testing period of IB2 is coming close to an end and the initial release of IB2 is near. You can copy your old IB1 android module over to IB2 and it should run okay. The major changes that need to happen I think are to convert any LogicTree scripts to the new IBScripts (this will need a lot more documentation), expand combat maps to be more than 7x7 squares if you want, set layer1 on all area maps to use "t_blank" if you are using the single image map system instead of the tile map system ( viewtopic.php?f=24&t=95&p=5977&hilit=t_blank#p5977 ), and maybe a few other minor changes. Feel free to post any questions as you go as we are all learning the new toolset and developing it together (it is open source on GitHub: https://github.com/IceBlinkEngine )
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: IB2 Users Road Map

Postby slowdive » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:54 am

joshua wrote:Does this mean that the applications in The Vault actually ARE up to date?

A search for Iceblink RPG on Google Play produces 8 results including IceBlink 2 RPG (BETA) which I will now install.

Yes, both the v12 (PC) on The Vault and v7 on Google Play (android) are both up to date and perfectly in sync. You can copy your module folder back and forth between the PC and Android engines and even copy save game file back and forth to keep playing while on the go or at home :D
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to General IceBlink Project Discussions