Coding Task List - Before IB2 Initial Release

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.

Re: Coding Task List - Before IB2 Initial Release

Postby youngneil1 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:51 am

Sorry to hear, must have another look then. It worked our during my testing, but obviously there's got to be something I set up differently... ah, with time we will get there :) . On a better note I have another beta ready that at least adds trait info correctly to useablity lists when making a pc with the player editor in toolset. This will not fix your issue (it basically does what you already did by hand), but it's a little step forward.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:38 pm

IB Beta v75 released - no warranties/no liabilities, use at your own risk:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z4z9u0jkrlw3p ... 5.zip?dl=0

- pc made with Player Editor contain correct trait usability info now

@Zeke: Please try remaking anoher pc with palyer editor with a different useable trait (and associated spell to test the general system; I could not replicate the error with info from your files; only idea so far might be that a tag is used double time (for other spells or tags that work differently, but by accident have the same tag)
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Zeke » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:01 pm

Okaaaay, I think I'm totally missing something. I just can't get it to work. :oops:

Tried all kind of stuff and still nothing...

I've created a simple module with an encounter where one of the characters (Asgon) has the Trip trait but it's not useable.

It can be downloaded from here - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx-AI ... S13aEVrUkU (all kind of viruses guaranteed)

Another question - is there a way to rotate the facing of combatants at the start of an encounter?
Zeke

Postby youngneil1 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:15 am

Heyho Zeke,

for starters, thank you for your patience! The module provided is not only a funny idea (hehe :lol: ), but also in the end helped me to identify and solve the issue:

It is related to the CombatUILAyout file in your module's data folder. When such a file is contained in a module, it takes precedence over the same named CombatUILAyout form the default folder. The idea is to allow authors to fine tune UI layout for buttons, toggles , etc.

Now, in the CombatUILAyout form your module there's no entry for a "Trait" button in combat at all (I guess it stems form a time when traits were not useable, older beta). This was the reason why the trait buttn never appeared - it was not related to your trip trait or Asgon (well, at least after the latest fixes for the Palyer Editor). It was my bad not finding this beforehand, because you had written that you did not see a trait button at all. I read over this too hastily, sorry.

In order to make a trait button appear, you can modify your CombatUILAyout file with the follwoing two steps:

1. Insert this entry for a new button (like after the use spell button entries for example)
Code: Select all
{

"tag": "btnTraitUse",

"ImgFilename": "btn_small",

"ImgOffFilename": "btn_small_off",

"ImgOnFilename": "btn_small_on",

"Img2Filename": "",

"Img2OffFilename": "",

"Img3Filename": "",

"GlowFilename": "btn_small_glow",

"btnState": "Normal",

"btnNotificationOn": false,

"glowOn": false,

"Text": "TRAIT",

"Quantity": "",

"HotKey": "T",

"X": 1290,

"Y": 10,

"IBScript": "none",

"Width": 100,

"Height": 100,

"scaler": 0.8,

"show": true
        },

Watch out whether the delineating commata and brackets are fitting, please.

2. Move the Move Counter button 100px to the right by changing its "X:" entry from 1290 to 1390.

Alternatively to above steps, you can also just delete your custom CombatUILAyout and the default version is used. Obviously, this has the drawback of losing any individual adjustments you made.

Keeping finegrs crossed this works out well for you. I will have a look at the issue with having mot traits to learn tahn traits avilable for learning you also mentioned.

Oh, and the battle scene was very polished (tiles, NPC, fire effects, effect icon, hit and miss icons, little details on the map from rubble to walls, half transparent turn marker button...). Lots of stuff I really like - great work there!
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:19 am

Ah, and in additon to above,

Another question - is there a way to rotate the facing of combatants at the start of an encounter?

I dont think so right now - there might be via scripting, but it has been a looooong time since I updated the ibscript related code sections, so I am not certain whether our "script parser" can already deal with the facing properly. It's a good point though and should be adjustable in toolset one day (like turning/rotating a tile).

Also, in the long run, there might be some option for a player to choose hismelf the party members start positions (within a zone) at the start of certain encounters (party is attacker vs. party gets ambushed). We won't run out of ideas and plans, that's for sure :lol: :roll: .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Zeke » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:39 am

Ah, I have a memory that I was thinking about the Combat UI JSON awhile ago but the idea completely disappeared from my head. Sorry for all the time that I had taken you trying to find the issue when it was in my UI file.

I don't have any custom code in there, only custom image files, so I just used the file from the demo module. I was planning to change it later, for the moment I have created some placeholder UI components.

Thank you for the kind words, I'm trying to do a semi-realistic feel but at the same time simple visuals (like the not so detailed stones around the walls). As my workflow is creating everything in Photoshop first, it's so nice to have high-def combat tiles now! :D

He is so lucky that Targur Warriors are bad at math:

:|

Well, if there is no turning I will just pretend that the players surprise the enemy with lighting first strike when the enemies are turned with their backs :D
Zeke

Postby youngneil1 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:53 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: , very good!

Yeah, looks like a math lesson is in order for them Targur warriors, will look into drilling them big time, cutting off fingers on mistakes to make the required room of numbers smaller, harf :twisted:!

There, lack of feature -> increase of ceiling height for imagination, gotta love IB design :lol: 8-) ...
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Zeke » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:11 pm

The formula for HP per level is Constitution + hpPerLevelUp?

Is there a way to remove the Constitution and use the class based hpPerLevelUp variable? Adding the constitution to the formula inflates the HP a lot. A 6 lv fighter with CON 16 will have +80HP :|
Last edited by Zeke on Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Zeke

Postby youngneil1 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:28 am

I cannot look it up right now but the intended formula should use the hp per level of the class and add the condtitution bonus only. Like 10+4 = 14hp for lvl 1 Con 18 fighter. Maybe another bug to hunt then :lol: .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:08 pm

In my testadventure the hp gain works as intended (using only constitution bonus/malus and not the whole attribute score). The level up summary is not showing the constitution bonus based effect though (cosmetic fix required). In which scenario did you encounter the hp bug, perhaps I can replicate it? Or is it based on some wrong description (tooltip, manual etc.)?
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

PreviousNext

Return to General IceBlink Project Discussions