Coding Task List - Before IB2 Initial Release

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.

Re: Coding Task List - Before IB2 Initial Release

Postby slowdive » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:39 pm

I think once I get IBbasic up and going with xamarin, I'll clone IB and create a xamarin version. At that point Karl can choose to maintain both the PC version he is currently working on and the xamarin version or drop the PC version and only work in the xamarin version. The xamarin version will run on Android, iOS, UWP (win10, Xbox one, surface hub, etc.), and eventually MacOS and Linux. The xamarin version will not run on winXP or win7 or win8 for now (it may in the future). So having the PC and xamarin versions would cover all platforms and they both would have the same c# code so you are just copying and pasting to keep in sync.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:36 pm

That's utterly fantastic, Jer :D :D :D !

Many thanks for going the full distance and heaving (normal) IB to Xamarin to later on.

Whether I will then code in parallel for Xamarin and old win code base will depend on what our authors prefer me to do :) . In the long run, once UWP support is in, it will be Xamarin only (well, of course).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Dorateen » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:55 pm

youngneil1 wrote:The idea was that you enter the number of minutes (iirc) needed for 1 hp/sp to regenerate. The passage of time per step (in minutes, too, iirc) is set on area level (under area properties in the area editor). If this still gives you no hp/sp despite lots of time passing (and low requirment for minutes to get 1 hp/sp), then I botched here indeed.

Did some more testing. In the area properties, I have TimePerSquare set to 6. That means 6 minutes pass for each move taken on the map, right?

On the item property, I changed the new roundsPerHpRegenOutsideCombat to 6 as well. Or how many minutes make up a round? Perhaps this number needs to be higher. So far, still not getting any regeneration outside of combat. Same goes for spell points.

It is a neat idea, being able to set the time variable. Ideally, I'd like to make the regeneration with the equipped item, every 2 or 3 steps. We just need to figure out the formula to make it work.
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:55 pm

You're doing perfectly fine, Dorateen - I made a stupid mistake though: I am using roundsPerHpRegenOutsideCombat in toolset, but the engine expects now minutesPerHpRegenOutsideCombat (a different variable). I will correct that in the toolset in next beta. Many thanks for finding this bug!

TimePerSquare is in minutes and so are minutesPerHpRegenOutsideCombat/minutesPerHpRegenOutsideCombat (once they work), so setting this up is hopefully easy to handle.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:47 am

IB Beta v85 released - no warranties, no liabilities, use at your own risk:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qzjuni1tydhpi ... 5.zip?dl=0

- fixed bug with regeneration outside combat (items do not use the old rounds/seconds related property anymore, but a new one related to minutes)
- add four new scripts dealing with recharging items (three for recharging a single, a typeof and all items and one for getting the number of missing charges)
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:42 pm

I painted a little icon for the new glove inventory slot (using the exsting slot graphics as template). It's rather simple, but should do for starters.

Next up for me is writing down more documentation on the new item functionalities in the corresponding tutorial thread.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:39 pm

IB Beta v86 released - no liabilities, no warranties, use at your own risk:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/78z0aokuouvf4 ... 6.zip?dl=0

- added new graphic for gloves item slot on party Screen

Note: This will be the last beta update - unless critical bugs pop up - until Jer has finished porting IB to the Xamarin code base (it is the same as the last push to github labeled "Ready for Xamarin").
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Dorateen » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:50 pm

youngneil1 wrote:- added new graphic for gloves item slot on party Screen

That's great, youngneil1. I'll have to add some gauntlet items now.
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:05 pm

Keep the good stuff coming :) . A good chance to play around with some new properties, maybe some Gloves of Lock Picking (granting a bonus on that skill roll)...
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:49 am

I am having fun with slowly adding to the IB Manual (for toolset). While doing so I realize how direly this is needed - even for the odd stuff I added by code myself I sometimes can barely remember how it is supposed to work, sigh :oops: .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

PreviousNext

Return to General IceBlink Project Discussions