Coding Task List - Before IB2 Initial Release

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.

Re: Coding Task List - Before IB2 Initial Release

Postby zach_holbrook » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:41 am

Yay! Great work. :)
zach_holbrook

Postby youngneil1 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:41 am

Thank you, Zach :) ! I am debugging the master component of the respawn system right now (death of master will prevent his followers from respawning and optionally on top of this: death of master instantly kills all followers). Preventing respawn on master death worked out of the box, killing instantly on master death revealed a little bug (but I think I tracked it down already). It's really fun toying around with these systems (minus the bugs, of course :roll: ).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:06 am

Master-Follower-Respawn working great now (as far as I can tell).

Almost done with implementing a system for debuffing the party when fighting without light (standing on non-illuminated square before start of battle) at night (mild penalty, customizable) and in total darkness (severe penalty, customizable). Still to do in this regard: The isLit state of a tile is cleared before battle (almost at start of doUpdate()), so I will have to store info for the tile the party is on beforehand separately and then use that one for determining the relevant isLit state. Likely I will have to do this with all isLit staets on current map at least, so that the gc script for isLit detection can be fully utilized (see some ideas below).

Long term, I can make use of this in more ways: 1) sneaking past enemies (their detection chances for a party in the dark will be lower) and 2) search skill checks (it will be harder to find something in the dark). I hope all of this will make using light an interesting gameplay element. Finally, the system has the potential to have enemies actually only exist eg in the dark (think shadow type undead maybe, or other creatures scared away by light). The other way, round some props might cease to exist in the dark (think of a prop blocking the way, that vansihes in the dark). Lots of possible puzzle opportunities around this.

Also, I need to do more faction system testing...

Next beta release is taking longer than I would like and has enough content for several beta steps in one stretch now. Still, I would like to close these circles (no fun in handing half-finished systems to you, at elast not mroe than I do anyway already :roll: ).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:16 pm

IsLit detection script (night and darkness) is working now. Furthermore, I have got several different gc scripts for detecting time working now (can check for windows of hours within a day, windows of days in a week, window of weeks in a month and window of months in a year). With these scripts I just had a test run with roaming props (crearures) that only come out at nightfall and vanish in the morning again. Was great fun :D .

More faction testing it is now...
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Tue May 01, 2018 1:08 pm

Preparing for release:

New scripts:

ogGetFactionStrength
ogGetFactionGrowthRate

gcCheckIsInFactionStrengthWindow
gcCheckIsInHoursWindowDaily
gcCheckIsInDaysWindowWeekly
gcCheckIsInWeeksWindowMonthly
gcCheckIsInMonthsWindowYearly

gaModifyFactionStrength
gaModifyFactionGrowthRate

gcCheckIsInDarkness

Edit:

todo:
write descritption for gcCheckIsInDarkness
Make debuffs for nightime and darkness accessible on module level in toolset
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Tue May 01, 2018 3:52 pm

IB Beta v97 released - no liabilities, no warranties, use at your own risk:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9d1dnmrihb2jh ... 7.zip?dl=0

- resspawns, masters, factions, prop existence conditions, illumination checking, time related scripts, bug fixes, lots more... (I will sum it up proper later with more time, just glad to have it out in the world :D )
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby zach_holbrook » Tue May 01, 2018 5:26 pm

Cool! Lots of stuff to check out.

Alas, I've encountered a bug! -- it seems that the engine no longer recognizes if a prop is hidden or non-active. Previously invisible props appear and can have conversations.
zach_holbrook

Postby youngneil1 » Tue May 01, 2018 6:09 pm

Thank you for the heads up, Zach :) . I will look into the hidden and inactive props bug later.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Dorateen » Tue May 01, 2018 7:31 pm

I tested v. 97 for a bit, and transitions firing from event 2 on triggers seems to be working. Also, I consumed a few potions properly and have not seen any inheriting quantity numbers via shuffling around in the inventory. So far, looks good!
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Tue May 01, 2018 8:04 pm

Awesome, Dorateen, that gives hope that we will not accumulate bugs all the time (which is really important in the long run).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

PreviousNext

Return to General IceBlink Project Discussions