Mustawd's tokens

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.

Mustawd's tokens

Postby Mustawd » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:21 am

So after months of not doing anything creative due to moving and work, I finally got the itch to bust out my tablet from storage. I'm creating my own tokens/sprites for my module, so it might be a while until it's complete. Regardless, the whole process should be pretty fun. Anyhow, I'll just log my progress on each token as I go, and then once done I'll package them over at the NWN vault. Comments and criticism appreciated if you have any.

EDIT: Starting with dwarf classes. Just warriors right now. Oh and I noticed there are some stray pixels here and there. I'll need to clean that up before packaging them for use.

Mustawd

Re: Mustawd's tokens

Postby Dorateen » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:10 pm

Outstanding!
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:42 am

Very well done...lots of character. I love the style of them. Do they have an attack animation as well?
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mustawd » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:11 am

slowdive wrote:Very well done...lots of character. I love the style of them. Do they have an attack animation as well?

Dorateen wrote:Outstanding!

Thanks for the warm comments guys. These are only my 2nd and 3rd digital paintings, so it's slow going as I improve and get more familiar with photoshop. But I'm happy how it turned out. Working on a Hellhound sprite now, so I'll post that when done.

slowdive wrote: I love the style of them. Do they have an attack animation as well?

So they are basically paint overs of miniatures. Similar to what TheDragonWaiting is doing, but painted over for a different type of look. So the consequence, unfortunately, is that there's no real animation for the attacks unless I draw it myself. It's not out of the question, eventually, but making the art for all the sprites I'd like is a big enough project as is, so I''ll be tackling that first before even considering attack animations.
Mustawd

Postby slowdive » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:38 am

Having an animation frame is nice, but not a necessity. Better to get more tokens (without attack) done as art can be the biggest time consumer when making a module as it is. Sometimes I just flip the token horizontally for the attack as that is quick work and all tokensorts need to have two frames anyway.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:37 am

Great work, mustawd, much appreciated. They have a lot of details feel very organic, one can easily imagine them coming to life.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Return to General IceBlink Project Discussions