gcPassSkillCheck not functioning correctly?

Any bugs found while playing or testing the engines for both PC and Android

gcPassSkillCheck not functioning correctly?

Postby zach_holbrook » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:30 pm

I'm not sure if the problem is on my end, but I checked the traits and tags and everything appeared to be in order.

I'm currently unable to pass skill checks using the gcPassSkillCheck script. If it's not something on my side, the issue might have been introduced recently, as I've done a lot of testing with this script before.

I had a character with 16 Wisdom (the trait used for Tactician skill checks) keep failing a test to pull up the tactical map. Then I tried saving before one such opportunity and reloaded -- sure enough, the failure kept up. I went into the toolset to check things out and set the DC to 1 and then 0, and he kept failing.
zach_holbrook

Re: gcPassSkillCheck not functioning correctly?

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:24 am

Thank you for the report, Zach. It is likely I introduced a new bug here as I have done some work on this script not too long ago (I think it was factoring in attribute and item modifiers even when when not making a skill roll but using a fixed 10).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby zach_holbrook » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:25 pm

Entering "false" instead of leaving blank field 4 (the "take 10" field) is giving me successes now -- must be something to do with that?
zach_holbrook

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:05 pm

Yes, good catch :) . I am handling the null situation (no entry for p4, ie for take 10) incorrectly. This makes the script crash, which is caught by a try{} exemption, so the game continues to run, but the whole trait application is cancelled.

Next beta I will check for no entry for p4 in a better way (assuming that no 10 is taken as default in the null case).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Return to Engine Bugs