The Elderin Stone

Discuss any Adventure Modules for the IB2 Engine

Re: The Elderin Stone

Postby Pongo » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:27 pm

Glad it worked! Let me know if you find anything else.
Yeah the druid staff should be removed from the player inventory - I will fix that. Thanks!
Haven't had the chance to check the android version, but I have some time off work later this week when I can have a look.
Pongo
Backer
Backer

Postby Neurozero » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:16 am

Hi, I just discovered IceBlink and I've been playing The Elderin Stone on Android. I think I've run into a bug preventing me from proceeding.

I'm in the temple, I've killed the bandits with the female wizard to get the iron key, but I can't seem to get through either of the locked doors. I checked out a video on YouTube and it seems the locked door in the upper right corner of the map should now open with the iron key, but it doesn't seem to work for me.

Let me know if you want any more info about how I got to this point, though I can't remember everything since I'm playing from a save I made a month or so ago.
Neurozero

Postby Zanicus » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:31 pm

Try using the torches to the north of that area, they should open up the doors (I think, been a while since I played it)
Zanicus

Postby Neurozero » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:15 pm

Yeah, I opened a third locked door using a torch. Thanks for the suggestion!
Neurozero

Postby Neurozero » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:17 am

But to be clear, I opened the door using the torch before I had problems with the iron key!
Neurozero

Postby Pongo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:41 pm

Hi Neurozero
Yeah, I've just had a go and I was able to replicate your problem with the key - sorry, its a bug I'm afraid. Thanks for flagging it.
The iron key works fine if you approach the encounter with the bandits and the female wizard from the east door of the room (ie you tackle the map clockwise from the starting position), but not if you approach it from the north door (anticlockwise).
The iron key should open the door in the north east of the map. The problem here is that the door is not directly linked to the key itself. The encounter has a trigger that opens the door when bandit/wizard combat starts, but it looks like it isn't firing correctly when PC begins the encounter by entering through the north door. I'm not sure if this is a fault just in the mobile version or whether it is also in the PC version (I'll check later) - if its the mobile version I may need Slowdive's help to correct it.
Pongo
Backer
Backer

Postby Neurozero » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:58 am

Thanks Pongo! I think I have a save from just before the encounter, so I'll just zip around to the other side.

Cheers! And thanks for the game :)
Neurozero

Postby Pongo » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:24 pm

You're welcome, glad you're enjoying it! And thanks again for the feedback.
Pongo
Backer
Backer

Previous

Return to General IB2 Module Discussion