IBmini In-Game Commenting System Posts (android)

Discuss any Adventure Modules for the IB2 Engine

Re: IBmini In-Game Commenting System Posts (android)

Postby slowdive » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:12 am

Comment:20170312154537:Lanterna2::Cagon:Lanterna2 - Dorils shop - he has a spear for sale that has a picture of an axe.

Good catch, it was just a place holder art as I hadn't created a spear icon yet...meant to go back and change that, but obviously forgot. I'll add that to my list :oops: :lol:
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby slowdive » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:10 pm

Comment:20170314202351:Lanterna::MistFuror:Healing spells won't work most of the time in Lanterna when in combat (sometimes they do, but rarely), they fire off but don't heal for anything

Hmm. ..I must not have done a very good job updating Lanterna to the new effect and spell system back in the day. I'll need to go over all of the spells, effects, and items (in Lanterna) again closely.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby slowdive » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:20 am

From Google Play Beta program:
EDIT: just started lanterna2 today and thanks again for a incredible story, and nice work on putting easter egga and expansions on old charactera from lanterna on lanterna 2, amazing, amazing module. i noticed that Ian, the ranger has a short sword and a dagger in his tolken, and one long sword in his portrait, but is an archer in-game, so maybe both of those could be changed. OR, if you guys plan on supporting drizzt-like rangers, you could add the finesse and critical strike trait from the rogue's traitlist to the ranger's 4th or 5th level, because he will already be high on DEX, even more than the rogue, since rogue are mostly melee supported by the system. and maybe you could take the double damage trait of the fighter and put on the ranger but have it only work if he has a dagger on his offhand and a swort sword on his main hand. not really bug-reporting, just some ideas i cooked up, maybe tgey are impossible or stuff, i dont really understand coding but let me know if its doable, still: the engine is already great, and enjoyble as it his, congrats to you guys. also, same non-working spell amd potions bug from lanterna is happening on lanterna 2.

I think the ideas you have suggested for rangers and two weapon style are doable and we have intended to go down that road at some point once we get most everything working well. I am going through the spell and item heal issues now...hmm, let me have a look...
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby slowdive » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:23 am

From Google Play beta tester:
Wow, as much as I liked the old Iceblink, things have improved. Only thing that kind of made me scratch my head was having the conversation logs displayed by default. That obscured the map and I didn't really know what to expect. Here's hoping Lanterna2 will see added content. Will buy now (had withheld because I didn't want to run out of games, I like them too much) Great progress, really impressed!

My comment I sent the tester:
Thanks for beta testing the new IBmini app. I'll change the log to default as hidden. I'm currently working on the conversion of the last two chapters of Lanterna2 from my original NWN2 campaign. No need to pay for the old apps as once IBmini goes live, all the new modules will be FREE (unless an author wants to try and sell theirs).
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby slowdive » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:28 pm

Now that the android version (v12) allows users to post and view all comments on our comments web page, I will use this thread to make more detailed response to comments on that comment page as needed.

I think I will add a button to the main splash screen for entering the whole comment dialog panel (the one that allows you to post and view comments). This way users can quickly view any new comments without having to enter the app all the way to a main map screen.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General IB2 Module Discussion