The Island Project

Discuss any Adventure Modules for the IB2 Engine

Re: The Island Project

Postby Dorateen » Wed May 02, 2018 3:58 pm

Good news, Pongo. Scope creep is always something to watch for in module design. One of the things I appreciated about the Eldarin Stone was its tight focus.

I'm greatly looking forward to see what you to with the class system.
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby Pongo » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:34 pm

Thanks guys!

May update:
- added more encounters to the existing areas, including several "wandering monsters". These are (sometimes) optional encounters that move around on the map so are rarely in the same place twice, but can't be seen. I still need to fully check a "flee" mechanic in relation to this, which Karl gave me some help with on a different thread, as sometimes these wandering encounters can completely outlevel the party and its wise to avoid them early on;
- started mapping out two of the three new areas that border the main completed area;
- added several new convos to the opening areas;
- added in a "detect secret" skill, which is used for finding secret doors and buried treasures etc, and then added in both a secret door and a buried treasure :) ;
- completed journal entries for all the quests that can be initiated in the early areas.

So slow progress, but progress!
Pongo
Backer
Backer

Postby Dorateen » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:25 pm

Great update, Pongo. I like the idea of a detection skill, and then discovering little hidden secrets. Handling the wandering encounters should be fun.
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:13 pm

Many thanks for sharing, Phil. Progress looks great :) !
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:25 pm

Any progress is good progress has been my motto lately :lol:

Sounds great what you have mentioned with the "random" encounters and detection system. I liked the tracking skill and locations where it was useful in The Elderin Stone.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General IB2 Module Discussion