Coding Task List - Before IB2 Initial Release

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.

Re: Coding Task List - Before IB2 Initial Release

Postby Zeke » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:28 am

Hmm, I tried removing the trait of the PC, adding it again, manually writing it, writing spell instead of trait id, nothing seems to work....

If it's of any help, here is a zip containing this dude - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx-AI ... DdNQjA2T2c

The trait name is Trip.
Last edited by Zeke on Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zeke

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:31 am

Thank you, Zeke, and sorry for your troubles. I will have alook at it later and see where I went wrong... maybe it's related to my recent work on situations with 0 trait points on level up...
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:35 am

Could you do me a favor in the mean time and see if your trait becomes usable when you create a pc ingame (not with player editor, but by create pc button))? Might be a first clue where to start looking.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Zeke » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:50 am

Oh, forgot to thank you for the new update for higher resolution image imports. It's great!!

The only strange thing s that it calculates the number of grid XY squares using the default 50px. When the image is imported and the +/- signs of the map width and height are clicked, they stretch the image without removing squares.

Tried creating a character in game and adding the trait there - it doesn't even appear when the game starts. It appears only in the Trait Select screen in the beginning. BTW I have selected it to be automatically learned. :shock:

And found a bug in the process - when the selected class can learn at level 0 more traits than are currently available for selection and the EXIT is pressed in the Trait Select screen, the game doesn' proceed but when clicked FINISH, the trait menu is opened again and the Trip trait is duplicated. This can be repeated many times.
Zeke

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:20 am

Oh dear, thank you for the continued feedack, Zeke. Looks like I got some work ahead :oops: :lol: ...
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:39 pm

The only strange thing s that it calculates the number of grid XY squares using the default 50px. When the image is imported and the +/- signs of the map width and height are clicked, they stretch the image without removing squares.

Alright, looks like I got this one resolved. With next beta the engine will automatically set mapimage size in pixels in relation to maspsize in squares and scale correctly - fully automated (no need to enter pix per square manually anymore). You just have to make sure to use a square shaped image file on a square shaped encounter grid. What you see is what you get - so if it looks right in toolset, it will do so in the engine to.

I will add a toggle for older modules to use the old method for drawing the map image (just in case, likely will not cuase troube).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:29 am

IB Beta v74 released, no warranties/no liabilities, use at your own risk:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gsqw8sa6y1fye ... 4.zip?dl=0

- implemented new module property encounterSingleImageAutoScale (see module properties under edit in toolset); defaults to true; when true, encounters that have a loaded single image scale that map image to the size of the encounter map (x,y); this way you can eg take an 800x800 px map image and use it for a 8Xx8Y encounter to have 100px x 100px per square; or you use the same map image for a 16X x 16Y encounter and get a 50pix x 50 pix resolution per square; this assumes a square shaped encounter map and a square shaped map image

- for existing modules you might want to turn this off again (eg if you have non square shped encounere areas that use single images)

- this replaces the mechanism for manually setting pix per tile from last beta

- toolset working correctly again now when enlargng/shrinking map via +/- button Interface

- please be aware that image size might become a problem for the engine when using large images (like > 1600x1600 pix, not tested); unlike the main map, the single Image for encounters is fully loaded into memory and not streaemd dynamically tile by tile
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Zeke » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:28 am

Ooooh, that's an elegant solution. Just tested and everything works correctly. It's so nice, thank you for the fast update!

No more blur - https://i.imgur.com/i4MGyJM.jpg ! :mrgreen:
Zeke

Postby youngneil1 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:56 pm

I am looking into the trait problems now... for starters (and as temporary hotfix) in order add a usebale trait to pc made in player editor, please open the .json file of the pc and do the following:

1) make sure that trait tag is added to knownTraits, like "trip" (or whatever the trait tag is)
2) make sure that the tag of the associated spell (like "prone_spell") is added to kown Usable Traits list
3) make sure that the tag of the associated spell (like "prone_spell") is also added to either/both of the lists for usabeale traits in-/outside combat

This should setup up the pc made in player editor correctly. I plan to spare you this procedure and directly do so via toolset later on...
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Zeke » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:24 am

youngneil1 wrote:I am looking into the trait problems now... for starters (and as temporary hotfix) in order add a usebale trait to pc made in player editor, please open the .json file of the pc and do the following:

1) make sure that trait tag is added to knownTraits, like "trip" (or whatever the trait tag is)
2) make sure that the tag of the associated spell (like "prone_spell") is added to kown Usable Traits list
3) make sure that the tag of the associated spell (like "prone_spell") is also added to either/both of the lists for usabeale traits in-/outside combat

This should setup up the pc made in player editor correctly. I plan to spare you this procedure and directly do so via toolset later on...

Hmm, still doesn't work for me. The trait appears on the character sheet but it is not useable. Here is what the JSON looks like - https://pastebin.com/nWCTiCtm
Zeke

PreviousNext

Return to General IceBlink Project Discussions