Hearkenwold Beta

Discuss any Adventure Modules for the IB2 Engine

Re: Hearkenwold Beta

Postby Dorateen » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:07 pm

One of the things I will be happy about, speaking of returning to earlier content, is finally completing some side quests that I have left unresolved for years, ha.
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby Dorateen » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:45 pm

Just a head's up as I am preparing for the upcoming release of Hearkenwold.

I'm planning to package the module included with version 105 of the IceBlink engine, and that is what I will upload to the Vault. I don't believe we have an official updated version of the engine available online, so I think this will make it easier for people outside the community to have IceBlink and Hearkenwold all in one download, ready to run. Of course, anyone who already has 105 downloaded (or later versions) can just copy the module folder over.

Does that sound OK?

In the meantime, I'm in the middle of a speed test run, just doing the critical path of the adventure with a new start. So far no game-breaking bugs or broken triggers, which is encouraging.
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:01 pm

Sounds perfect to me :) , but Jer is the one to make the call on uploading engine or toolset anywhere.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:06 pm

All in one package make perfect sense to me for those wanting the easiest way to get started playing Hearkenwold...so yes, package anything you want with the Hearkenwold update...not like you need my consent or anything as this is a community project anyway :lol:
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dorateen » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:42 pm

I am pleased to announce the updated release of Hearkenwold

This version uses build 105 of the IceBlink engine, and the file can be downloaded here:

https://neverwintervault.org/project/ic ... earkenwold

The compressed file contains the IB_beta_v105 folder, and Hearkenwold included as a module.

If this is the first time playing the campaign, prepare for an expansive adventure that takes the characters through the Kingdom of Astaria and its borders.
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:42 pm

Awesome! Will download and get started shortly with a new party. Maybe some Let's Play video as well.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:10 am

Excellent news and big congratulations on release :D ! I will join the fun soon!
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Pongo » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:19 am

Great news Dorateen! Looking forward to giving it a go. :)
Pongo
Backer
Backer

Postby Dorateen » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:12 pm

Thanks! I will continue to work on addressing any bugs/oversights reported, and look forward to impressions.
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:32 am

Created a party of six this time:
-Fighter, male, human
-fighter, male, dwarf
-cleric female elf
-ranger female elf
-thief female elf
-wizard male elf

I started testing out a bit, but I plan to start again for a Let's Play. I ran through the castle and the first area just south of the castle entrance. I noticed a number of new additions since the last time I played through here. Lots of new dialog and new things to find and encounter. Also, I haven't played it wouth the music before so that is nice to have. It has been awhile since I have played in the IB engine (not the IBbasic) so it was nice to play with it again. There were a couple of minor engine issues for me. These are not bugs just preferences.
1- I wasn't able to use some of the hot keys I was used to in combat such as "s" for skip and "a" for attack since they were tied into "wasd".
2- It would be nice to have the "ESC" key be tied into the "Do you wish to exit the game" since there were a few screens that didn't have the "exit" button on them.

Having a blast so far. Now I need to go back and start the Let's Play... :D
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General IB2 Module Discussion