Coding Task List - Before IB2 Initial Release

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.

Re: Coding Task List - Before IB2 Initial Release

Postby youngneil1 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:31 pm

Not certain - as first please try setting AreaMusicDelay of the area (not the encounter, this is apparently not used right now anyway) to larger than 0, eg 1.

I guess this roots deeper though...
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:39 pm

Got it, one of my "crash fixes" (in RandInt method) causes this. Will be fixed next beta. Setting AreaMusicDelay to 1 will help, too, though for now (or so I think).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Dorateen » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:54 pm

I think I found another trigger issue, this time dealing with transitions. It might be related to the encounter bug we talked about on page 87.

I have a transition that is locked behind a conversation. The trigger is set up with the conversation in Event 1, and the transition in Event 2. The conversation is used to control the transition through "ga_enableTriggerEvent" script. Eventually the conversation in event 1 gets switched to false, disabling it, while the transition is left true, so the player can move to the other area without any further message.

This method works in version89, but in version96, the transition from this trigger no longer works. I think whatever the issue was that prevented encounters from happening when placed on event 2, also affects transitions.
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:49 pm

Another good catch, thank you. Culprit was a misplaced bracket in doTrigger method that prevented recursive calls of doUpadte while increasing trigger index. I must yet test this to be sure (once I have my curräent internal build up & running again; mostly I have to do the toolset side of factions for this).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby zach_holbrook » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:17 am

Ah! Was just coming here to post about a similar issue involving some broken Trigger events I discovered, but Dorateen beat me to it.

Enjoying the new build so far. I'm using the party average skill check for Charisma-based conversation options now. (All characters automatically learn a trait called "Rapport," which uses the party average Charisma to determine success.)
zach_holbrook

Postby youngneil1 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:09 am

Great to hear that you already make good use of the extended functionalities for skill checks.

I did quite a lot of trigger testing here and I am optimistic (though not certain, it's full of different combinations to test actually) that it should be stable again next beta.

Furthermore, I have finished the first iteration of the faction editor for the toolset by now. Actually I am coding the journal front end for factions. If enabled, there will be a special quest called "Factions" in the journal which has a quest entry for each faction (authors can also opt to hide certain factions from the journal while showing others). The quest entry for a faction will contain a free text field and also lots of options for displaying faction strength (and corresponding rank) as well as faction growth rate and other info.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Previous

Return to General IceBlink Project Discussions