Coding Task List - Before IB2 Initial Release

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.

Re: Coding Task List - Before IB2 Initial Release

Postby youngneil1 » Thu May 10, 2018 10:48 am

IB Beta v103 released - no liabilities, no warranties, use at your own risk:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hlo75k2b2zhjq ... 3.zip?dl=0

- gaToggleAreaSquareIsSecretPassage added; also implemented persistency of script based chnages to wlakability and LoSBlocking, too
- fixed two bugs with the gcPassSkillCheck scripts (power of pc was not computed correctly and Display to log in case of failure was cut off too early)
- with triggers being able to set to active search ("space" key for searching), the gcPassSkillCheck scripts on event1 of a trigger, gcTrue (event2) property of a trigger and finally gaToggleAreaSquareIsSecretPassage on event2 of a Trigger, we are all set up for secet doors galore :)
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Fri May 11, 2018 6:32 am

I am thinking about the concept of a "bump trigger". Triggers on props (convo, encounter) with collision on might also become bump activated.

Bump triggers would fire only on a failed attempt to step on their square (eg due to non-walkable or height). It would add some directional interaction selection. Pushing objects would be one fine potential usage.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Sun May 13, 2018 7:51 pm

IB Beta v104 - no liabilities, no warranties, use at your own risk:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yabdeoxjbpy60 ... 4.zip?dl=0

- bump for all: all prop triggers (convo, encounter) and all normal triggers will fire now even if the square they are on is non-walkable or not reachable due to height difference; props with collision also fire on bump now. This will allow the party to directionally explore/investigate by bumping into stuff (and later on manipulate by pushing a crate or bash through a wall or jump over a chasm...).This will only kick in for not-rechable squares: if the party can step on a square, triggers will just fire normally after the party stepped on the square.

Note: please let me know if this should interfer with your module design. If it does, I will make this mechanism optional.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby zach_holbrook » Mon May 14, 2018 1:33 am

Lots of great progress. I, for one, don't think there's anything having to do with the bump option that would break my mod.
zach_holbrook

Postby youngneil1 » Mon May 14, 2018 5:56 am

Thank you for the quick feedback, Zach. I am contemplating a bit on how to realise various gameplay systems on the adventure map (more for myself, gonna be a bit chaotic):

- Smash wall: a trigger on a height+1 wall tile. On top of that a prop which has as token small cracks on a transparent background (prop tag containing smashIndicator1). Event 1 of trigger: gcPassSkillCheck for Miner/Strength, Event 2(gc true): crackWallScript: remove smashIndicator1and replace with smasIndicator2 (more cracks). Likely do replacement by isShown nd isActive. This will make it neccessary to place all four smash inidcator props on top of each other while building, setting only indicator1 to isActive true and isShown true. Play low key crumble sound. Same for SI 2 and 3. If 3 is exchanged for 4 (third bump, 4 looks like a hole in the wall), loud crumble sound and set isSecretPassage to true for the tile the trigger is on. Deactivate trigger.

- Push object: A trigger on the floor. On top, a prop with ithfs collision on (eg a crate). Event 1 of trigger for push skill check (gcPassSkillCheck). Event 2 (gcTrue): pushObjectScript: this will relocate the trigger and any prop on its square (eg the crate) in a direction based on party position relative to trigger posiiton (eg registering the direction form where the push comes and moving the trigger and prop in opposite diection). Will check whether target square is walkable and same height as current object square and not occupied by other trigger or prop or on border of current map. Likely give the psuhObject script a failsafe toggle option - when on, it will only allow pushing the object on any square whos eieght neighbouring squres are as fre as teh atrget square (Well 7 squares s we will not check the current Position of the object itself)

- Jump chasm: A trigger on square at-1 height (or or even deeper). Likely have some green indicator to show the jump opportunity, like green dotted line, in a curve. On Event1 again a gc_skill check for jumping. Event2 (gcTrue)will Change Party Location to the opposite squre. Event(3) false might be a floaty informing the Party that tehy deem the jump to far for now (or it's relocate Party to anotehr square to simualte the drop, may includign damage). Might have a Party falls scipt ehre. Note: This fallign will only work in side view maps properly (or when falling onto anotehr map).Rason is taht teh jump square itself shoudl not be reachbale from groudn elvel (this woudl trigger a jump that makes no sense).

- Find trap (floor):

- Disarm trap (floor):

- Short climb (without change to side view map):

- Long climb (side view map):

- Sneak past enemies (reduce detection chances of chaser enemies):

- Speed (reduce enemy chances fir moving this turn

- quick look at something (bump into, get floaty short description or hint):

- thourough investigation (space key):

- find secret door

- open locked door (could have been a secret one bfore, too)

- damaging squares (fires, acid pools):

- enter password/phrase/riddle answer (bring up keyword):

- activate/shutdown fixed lightsources (mounted torches, braziers):

- Not passable squares unless...: (gcPassSkillCgeck or gcHasItem or PartyTokenIs..., Event 3(gcFalse): Set party back to last location

WIP
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Dorateen » Mon May 14, 2018 2:30 pm

youngneil1 wrote:- enter password/phrase/riddle answer (bring up keyword):

Very interested in this.

I downloaded and started working with v.104. Will let you know if I run into any issues.
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Mon May 14, 2018 9:43 pm

Awesome, I try to look into the manually typed keyword interaction first then.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Tue May 15, 2018 6:59 am

Good progress with manual keyword input (hijacking the character name input routines). It think it will work like a gc_ script, useable in conversation and directly from triggers on mainmap. First round of debugging was promising, so chances are good we will get this up & running.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Tue May 15, 2018 8:11 pm

IB Beta v105 released - no liabilities, no warranties, use at your own risk:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fax58wmvd11t8 ... 5.zip?dl=0

- added gcCheckManualKeyboardInput.cs script:

//gcCheckManualKeyboardInput.cs - Checks whether the manual keyboard input of the player matches one of the required phrases/keywords in parm1 to parm3; if you leave/set parm1 to parm3 at "none", it will not be used for checking
//parm1 = (string) correct answer option 1
//parm2 = (string) correct answer option 2
//parm3 = (string) correct answer option 3
//parm4 = (string) The text above the input box, like "Say the name of the goddess of Thunder:"

Can be used from convo or trigger. It is not case-sensitive (capitalization) when it comes to comparing player input and expectd answer (to eliminate some potential annoyances). Also up to three correct answers can be defined (to help players). I enlarged the input window a bit, too (compared to character name input).

When using in convo please make sure it is a conditional to an NPC line (red). This line will then only be shown on correct answer. On false answer, the next red node of same hierachy will be shown. Do not place it on player nodes as it will otherwise be rechecked all the time, keeping the answer Input window open indefinetly. Do eg like so:

1.Player node: Ask your question!
a. (gcCheckManualKeyboardInput) NPC node: That is the correct answer!
aa.Player Node: Thanks, now here is my reward?
aaa. NPC Node: HEre you go (and so forth...)
b. NPC Node: This is the false answer.
aa. Player: Ah, a shame. Bye...
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Dorateen » Wed May 16, 2018 2:11 pm

That looks good. I think I follow. But just to be clear, is the gcCheckManualKeyboardInput.cs script used to actually call up the question box (it looks that way, from Parm4) as well as check if the player's input is correct? I will test it out as soon as I download the new version.
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

PreviousNext

Return to General IceBlink Project Discussions