[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
IceBlinkEngine.com • View topic - Token/Icon Formats

Token/Icon Formats

Discuss custom PC Tokens/Icons for use with the IceBlink Engine.

Re: Token/Icon Formats

Postby slowdive » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:51 pm

I started my gold box experience on the rich color palette system of the C64. Years later, I moved into the super advanced Amiga 500 world...blew me away replaying The Bard's Tale and PoR on the Amiga 500 with its superior graphics :lol:

Did my first coding back then creating text D&D adventures on the C64 (remember Basic with all the line numbers :? ) then moved on to the Amiga Basic with no line numbers and gosub (iirc); was great :D
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby jboss2000 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:05 am

jboss2000

Postby slowdive » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:30 am

Yes, there are animations for tokens in the engine. Currently, PC tokens can use walking and attacking animations if the author has them created. Creatures use attacking animations as well. Props can have animations as well. A good example of what is possible, animation wise, would be Karl's "Red Carnival". I would download that and give it a go to see some of the possibilities, he really pushes the engine to do some cool things.

side note: CGA or EGA was still one color on my amber monitor :lol: color monitors weren't cheap back then :D
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby jboss2000 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:49 pm

Thank you for the info slowdrive, after writing this I will download and start playing around, seeing you are one of the most active people on this forum I am sure I will have many questions for you. Looking forward to playing with with some new software toys!! :)
jboss2000

Postby slowdive » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:02 am

no problem, any questions you may have, ask away. I usually check in a couple of times during the day and can try and respond when work or family permits. I would suggest that you download the 1.01beta version, the token and portrait packs, and then play Red Carnival, Raventhal, Hearkenwold and Lanterna (or The Exile) to get some ideas of what the engine + toolset can do.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby jboss2000 » Thu May 01, 2014 8:10 am

fyi. im still around, just got back from Changwon, South Korea... I have a few days off so i am going to get deep into the game engine, i may have a few questions.. :)
jboss2000

Postby slowdive » Thu May 01, 2014 1:09 pm

Sounds great. Let us know how it goes :D
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Tokens/Icons for PCs