[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
IceBlinkEngine.com • View topic - Token/Icon Formats

Token/Icon Formats

Discuss custom PC Tokens/Icons for use with the IceBlink Engine.

Token/Icon Formats

Postby slowdive » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:42 pm

Tokens and Icons are 50x50 pixel images. It is best to use a file format such as PNG that supports transparency (alpha channel). The player may change their PC token and the tokens of their companions at any time during the game.

hero.png
hero.png (6.24 KiB) Viewed 9228 times
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Token/Icon Formats

Postby Baron » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:46 pm

You'll be able to add larger icons for monsters though, right? Like a pic 100px high and 50px wide for an ogre. Or 100 x 100 for a fat dragon with large fat wings?
Baron
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:12 pm

Other size tokens is in discussion (see the Token/Icon thread in the Toolset forums). This particular thread was meant more for PC tokens that players can use for their party members (I know, I am just making things more confusing :D )
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:01 pm

Feynor Token:

Uploaded with
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Dorateen » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:44 pm

That looks pretty good. I like the shadow effect.
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:48 pm

Thank you, Dorateen - the shadow is probably not the most realistic one, but I am happy it creates at least some illusion of depth.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Dorateen » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:39 am

Once again, the information on this forum has proved most helpful. Going back to slowdive's initial post, I looked into creating transparent backgrounds with the apha channel... and I was able to get rid of that garish green box that surrounded the sprites I was using!

I'm much happier now with how the character and NPCs look, and ready to start on some encounter maps.
Attachments
NoGreenBoxes.jpg
NoGreenBoxes.jpg (357.08 KiB) Viewed 8945 times
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:12 am

Wow, a nice improvement to the tokens. Looking really good!
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:59 am

The tokens are great this way and really integrate nicely with their surroundings. I love the style of the tokens, colourful and detailed, despite the few pixels used.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Dorateen » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:12 pm

Thanks, youngneil1. I intend to also remove the black around the torches, and trim around the hearth and staircase in the corners.

It's funny that you mentioned the color. When I first started playing computer RPGs in the early 90's, I had an EGA monitor. This only rendered screens is a light blue and magenta. It was not until Pools of Darkness when I picked up a SVGA monitor (because it was required) that I was able to appreciate the wondrous color palette of the Gold Box games!
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Next

Return to Tokens/Icons for PCs