VariablesEditor

Discuss the IceBlink Toolset

VariablesEditor

Postby Jagged Appliance » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:15 am

Hey, I was wondering how this works or if it is even implemented? I'm using a lot of variables in my mini-module for C&C so this would be very handy to be able to use.
Jagged Appliance
Backer
Backer

Re: VariablesEditor

Postby slowdive » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:55 am

It is implemented. What you do is type in the variable name into the textbox just below "Global Variables". Then click "add to list". Then select the newly created variable and type in any "notes to self" that you may want. The "automatically add..." buttons do not work yet ... you have to enter them in manually for now.

Once you have them in, when you need to add one to a parameter box of a script (like gaSetGlobal), just click the "Variables" button then select the variable from the list and then click the "copy selected global variable to clipboard" then paste in box. Can do the same process for local variables.

I think I used this in The Exile so you could open that module and have a look.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jagged Appliance » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:28 am

Thanks slowdive, I'll start using that now. It's a very cool feature.
Jagged Appliance
Backer
Backer

Postby Jagged Appliance » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:58 am

Just a small bug with the variables editor: the notes to self section doesn't remember line breaks after you save and load. It remembers them for your current session however.

Edit: It would also be nice if we could create folders to organise the variables. If this isn't possible then just being able to arrange the list in any order would be nice.
Jagged Appliance
Backer
Backer

Return to General Toolset Discussion