Test modules

Discuss Adventure Modules for IceBlink Engine

Re: Test modules

Postby Dorateen » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:14 pm

Ah, I see... Thanks for the clarification.
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:33 pm

Really like the sound effects of the spells, the explosion symbol on hit enemies when Fireball came down on em and the laughing skulls when they perish :) ! Truely great work there, Sinopip :D ! Made battles feel more dynamic and lend them quite an ooomph!!! 8-)

Had some flicker bug though, sometimes black screens inbetween frames. Also the enemy info box had flickering updating every second or so. I guess its related to some new code onheartbeat? Minor glitch was that the text window announcing the battle did not vanish after winning that battle.

Iwill play around more with all those spells and give feedback, keep up the good work :) .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby sinopip » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:15 pm

The laughing skulls come from the SSI Goldbox series. I never saw them like laughing, but you're right they are like laughing! :lol: (this one is not really a skull :lol: )

And I don't have flicker bugs as I remember so I don't know what it is. I'll make a check.
sinopip

Postby sinopip » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:27 am

I checked the test module with the scripts. I don't use on heartbeat event and I don't have any flickering, nor the battle announcment popup staying.
One thing is, after battle is complete, there's still the message popup when you walk on the squares which triggered the battle ; otherwise I have no clue where these bugs you mentioned come from.
sinopip

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:39 pm

Will retest later on, sinopip. Mayhaps it was some odd stuff on my side (like drivers or interfering background software.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Previous

Return to General Module Discussion