Coding Task List - Before IB2 Initial Release

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.

Re: Coding Task List - Before IB2 Initial Release

Postby youngneil1 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:48 am

Made first post as nice and shiny as I can. Nothing better than a good battle plan, now we just have to win the war :lol: .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:56 am

20. KARL: Character creation: the left and right choice selectors/arrow shaped button for eg race or class work a little odd becuase when first clicking right and then clicking left I do not end up on the the originally displayed race/class but a different one

Picked this as warming up task to get into the groove again. And imemdiately realized that my bug report is a bit off -> there are no left or right arrows for selction, it's just the button shape (ie there's only one button). What might have casued me to think of arrows is the missing green glow that encompasses the whole button usually on hover over. I think I will look into adding that glow and then leave it as it is (no left/right buttons really needed as we wont have hundreds of classes :lol: ).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Pongo » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:33 pm

Sounds like good progress! I haven't been able to get any work done on this over the last couple of weeks (real life, grumble grumble) but I'll be back on the case soon. The updates are sounding great.
Pongo
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:41 pm

Thanks, Phil :) ! Yeah, RL slowed me down, too (funnily enough I have less coding time during holiday trips than on normal days as most of my tinkering is done during the two hours of commuting between home and work and back).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:24 pm

So, now all buttons during charcter creation glow. Moving this one to the resolved/implemented list.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:27 pm

Next I try to resolve:

1. KARL: Draw full party on main map : fix some minor bug with the walking order (there are changes in position when either walking left or right it seems); display of full party on screen (mini sprites): still some odditiy with this display, positioning is a bit off sometimes (depending on facing of party and number of chars there ar unwanted overlaps and gaps)
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:49 am

Still on above task, got it working for three chars just fine (both party facing directions). Adding 4th char now. As with most my coding it's an ugly, iterative, case based, trial and error process. Oh well, thank god I am a tiny bit stubborn :lol: .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:01 pm

Got the drawing of the whole party (up to all 6 chars) sorted now. Ran into additional small bug when drawing paryt as mini and super tiny props, fixing that one next.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:04 pm

Fixed above :D .

Next up:

19. KARL: Character creation: text boxes that open when clicking beginner's guide, help or player's guide all miss scroll bars for showing the full amount of their content
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:23 am

Good progress - the scroll bars are shown again for all the IBMessageBoxes (it was a resolution issue, partially related to my own former fumblings with this code when trying to make it work for e.g. my notebook's resolution).

While at it, I also try to show more words in one line by dynamically increasing "width" in relation to the actual screen resolution (without rounding up/down or nearing full 100 for square size, like: "width * 1920/gv.screenWidth"). So far, it looks like more text fits in one line on my lap top, making readbility better.

Ideally, arrow keys could be used for scrolling, too. Mayhaps even a drag functionality when trying to move the scroll bar diamond. Will put some more time into this, results very open (but not too much as it works already quite fine).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

PreviousNext

Return to General IceBlink Project Discussions