Coding Task List - Before IB2 Initial Release

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.

Re: Coding Task List - Before IB2 Initial Release

Postby slowdive » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:06 pm

Typing up this response is about all the time away I get :lol:

Happy Holidays to all fellow iceblinkers!
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:21 am

Hehe, I feel you - running around all day, too, here :lol: .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:31 pm

I painted the icons (shown on main map, at the top) for traits with impact on main map gameplay (shadow, lookout, traveller, mechanist, investigator, sage, runemaster, strongman and athlete). I also set up the traits themselves in the trait editor.

The tutorial map has light & darkness mechanic (including torches and several animtaed flames), rest & rations, a new door prop requiring a key, a new secret door prop requiring search action (space) and a ceratain investigator skill level, new trap props which can be disarmed via search action (space) and a mechanist skill check... still lots of stuff to add, but moving forward :) .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:45 pm

Sounds great! I cloned the engine and will pull any commits you make. I won't make any changes to avoid any GitHub conflict stuff. I'll just review the commit changes and copy the code over. Plus, I can test out the latest build and tutorial module.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:06 pm

Excellent - just pushed latest builds to github (engine and toolset, each including the tutorial module in its current baby steps state :) ).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:42 am

Tested out the tutorial module :D I kept dying from shields :lol:
The torch feature and keys for locked doors worked perfectly. I really like the torches and all the ambient animation. I'm not sure what the buttons at the top of the screen (traits) do yet. I tried clicking on them, but nothing. Looking forward to the next parts (once I figure out how to get past the traps :P ).

EDIT:
I have IBx running on Android, UWP, and iOS (mostly). I haven't updated to the current IB build yet, that will take some time. There are a few issues with font sizing, file handling, and audio, but I'll get those figured out sometime in 2019 :lol:
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:10 am

Hehe, yes the traps (with the shield placeholder graphics) wait for another pc with Mechanist level 5+. Adding this pc via convo is the next building step for me (I will place him in the little room behind the secret door). The finished tutorial module will have messages explaining the various stages :lol: .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:15 am

Updated the tutorial module on github - a second pc can now be found (companion), allowing to get past the traps if you make him party leader (works like secret doors via search action,ie space key). You can see how the values of the nine main map traits change upon switching to another party leader. This is the first time that you are required to switch party leader to progress on the main map - an exciting premiere :) .

Edit: Oh, direct clicks on the trait buttons do nothing so far. I would like to have a message box pop up that explains how the clicked trait works in the end. Also, the "Ld" behind a skill value indicates that this vlaue is calculated based on current leader. You can set traits to do this differently, like eg party average, lowest or highest in party.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:57 pm

And another push to github - new room that requires a good Lookout to be party leader (the room is full of stealthing kobolds that will easily slay the party if accidentally stepped upon). If you run into one of these encounters, you can see the new flat-footed mechanic in action. Outcome depends on the roll of the dice for two checks (Lookout vs stealth of prop, Shadow vs spot enemy of prop): two successes and the party catches the enemy flat-footed, two losses and the party is itself caught flat-footed. The flat-footed side will skip all turns in the first round of combat.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:58 pm

Another push to github: Next rooom is in - a little underground lake with chaser type enemies. They will corner and overpower the little party quickly, unless a good Shadow can fool them and sneak past 8-) . This section also features animated waves and a stairway (with a height level change for the party).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

PreviousNext

Return to General IceBlink Project Discussions