[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
IceBlinkEngine.com • View topic - Coding Task List - Before IB2 Initial Release

Coding Task List - Before IB2 Initial Release

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.

Re: Coding Task List - Before IB2 Initial Release

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:22 am

Great to hear, Zach, I hope it will fix the issue - if not, we will find a way :) .

I am back to implementing all the addtional animations from main map for movers (walking, idle, breathing) also for the combat screen. As we have also death (skull) and attack annimations here, this is a bit more tricky. The different sizes of creatures and the fact that the ainmation system is deeply connected with recognizing end of turn correctly doesn't make things easier :roll: :lol: ...
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby zach_holbrook » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:23 pm

I've tested a bit and haven't had any trouble yet. All the items seem to take take a turn consistently now.

I can't imagine how hard it must be to incorporate the main map animations. Good luck!
zach_holbrook

Postby youngneil1 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:22 am

Great to hear that the items work consistently now, many thanks for verifying the fix and the support for implementing the combat animations :) .

Concerning these additional animations on combat screen I made it about half way through for the creature animations (I guess) - the code for determining the needed animations is ported from main screen class and adjusted for the needs of the combat screen (or so I hope). Next up is the corresponding draw routines. And then it's of course lots of debugging :mrgreen: ...
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:06 am

I have seen the first walking and idle animations on combat screen, yeah :) !

That said, it's very buggy still and needs a lot of fine tuning to look properly good... on it :mrgreen: .

A nice side effect of this excercise is that in the end the sprites for moving props and creature tokens will be the very same. Feels somehow right to me (less files, the work for setting up the 5 frame sprite sheet is rewarded twice, due to the same animation patterns the main map and the combat screen feels more closely connected/organic). As always, our existing campaigns will be compatible with the new system - the code will detect the size of the frame sheets and only use extra animations if the sprites actually contain them.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:23 pm

After first round of debugging, it looks quite nice already for normal sized creatures:). Next up is testing for wide, tall and large creatures.

Then it's pc idle and breathing animations in battle and then I will at least try to get smooth battle camera scrolling in...
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:01 am

The tall, wide and large creatures animate nicely now :) , but unfortunately I have run into a nasty bug with completing a creature's turn properly (apparently only for those larger than normal creatures). I have a gut feeling that it will be quite some trouble to debug this one, investigating...
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:12 pm

I hit a bit of a hornet's nest of bugs when testing out the animations for the wide and tall creatures - some of them are related to the new animations, but some also to never ahving really tested tall and wide movers properly. Finally, some result from the complexity of my test encounter which gets exponentially bigger the moee elments come into play (summoned ally, enemies appearing each roudn, enemies of all sizes, diffent types of triggers on certain tiles for damages/buffs - affecting friend and foe, victory condition in in place, surprise roudn system, initiative bar, etc).

I am on it though :D !
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Dorateen » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:43 pm

youngneil1 and slowdive, how easy is it to access the data for character level up progression? I see in the toolset, in the Player Class Editor, that things like the BAB table, spells and traits to learn, and most importantly the xp table, all point to an Int32[] Array

Is this something that a module builder can adjust?
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:03 pm

slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:42 pm

IB Beta V182 released - no liabilities, no warranties, use at your own risk:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1iici3ic5phsx ... 2.zip?dl=0

- this was a nasty one that did cost me quite a few hours to get right, phew... I added the idle, breathe and walk (on spot while waiting for turn to come and directed when approaching the target) animations for creatures to the combat screen, they also work for tall, wide and large creatures; you can use the same 5-frame-sprite sheet for these that is also used for moving props on main map screen; note: all old 2-frame sprite sheets are fully supported, so existing modules will (hopefully) not be affected; you can even mix and match 2-framers and 5-framers actually
- a lot of fine tuning to make these animations play with appropriate speed and relative frequencies
- the smooth movement system in combat (if turned on) will now actually indeed move creatures in one sweep over all squares to the target, without little delays inbetween
- I normailzed (ie adjusted for different machine speeds) a lot of the old and new animation/smooth moving code parts
- I had to fix many bugs I encountered while debugging the animations on combat screen, ia: display of tall and wide creatures on the initiative bar, hang/stall on turn end if cretaures stepped onto triggers/interactive props on the battlefield, hang/stall on attack animations with the new system...
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

PreviousNext

Return to General IceBlink Project Discussions