Coding Task List - Before IB2 Initial Release

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.

Re: Coding Task List - Before IB2 Initial Release

Postby youngneil1 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:39 am

There's alot of wisdom in these words, Zeke. Resonates very well with me, especially after all this time of me feature creeping in stuff left and right. Still, there are a few things that need to be done even with this in mind (that or I am really a lost case :roll: ).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:06 am

IB Beta v113 released - no liabilities, no warranties, use at your own risk:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7nzn9jnweuz54 ... 3.zip?dl=0

- buffs and debuffs, inclduing Held, with duration 0 are now correctly applied even on start of a PCs/creature's turn; duration 0 for buffs and debuffs indicates now that they shall last from application til start of next turn of recipient (fraction of a full round); please note that damage and heal effects are no buffs/debuffs (even with long duration, ie repeated application each turn) - when you set their duration to 0 they just instantly do what tehy do and that's it
- made buffs and debuffs relevant in toolset again and expanded their description

This does not sound like much, but it is the simple looking result of more than 10 hours of breaking my silly head while trying to code obscure circumventions... pah, onwards :D !
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:01 am

IB Beta v114 released - no liabilities, no warranties, use at your own risk:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g95amp350jqbg ... 4.zip?dl=0

- fixed a bug that caused modules to crash that do not use the allTile System (which is breaking down premade maps into separate tile graphics which enbales streaming the whole gameworld cohesively, ie the world is one giant map); the bug was introduced in beta v106 where I optimized loading graphics
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Dorateen » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:18 pm

youngneil1 wrote:IB Beta v114 released - no liabilities, no warranties, use at your own risk:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g95amp350jqbg ... 4.zip?dl=0

- fixed a bug that caused modules to crash that do not use the allTile System (which is breaking down premade maps into separate tile graphics which enbales streaming the whole gameworld cohesively, ie the world is one giant map); the bug was introduced in beta v106 where I optimized loading graphics

That's great to hear. I had thought there might be something with the post 105 updates, but I was caught up in finishing the module, I did not have time to address the issue or see if it was something on this end. I will upgrade to 114 in July, and move forward from there.
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:19 pm

IB Beta v115 released -no liabilities, no warranties, use at your own risk:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oe193hr2fnjba ... 5.zip?dl=0

- better support for spells using the old one tag for effects system (new system: whoellist of possibel effects per spell), includes better healing AI
- large ceratures are only hit once by area of effect spells now
- AoO is triggered when stepping away to the left, too, now
- message at begin of encounter is only shown for unsual conditions or modifiers
- held creatures will no longer interrupt pc cast attempts
- enlarged portraits and narration images (both convo only) by 40% in each direction (about double size); moved PC and NPC nodes accordingly
- fixed crash bug with creature casters casting self targeted spells
- fixed bug that sometimes led to wrong indicators (red and yellow boxes) shown for spells and traits to learn
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Dorateen » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:38 pm

youngneil1 wrote:IB Beta v115 released -no liabilities, no warranties, use at your own risk:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oe193hr2fnjba ... 5.zip?dl=0

- better support for spells using the old one tag for effects system (new system: whoellist of possibel effects per spell), includes better healing AI
- large ceratures are only hit once by area of effect spells now
- AoO is triggered when stepping away to the left, too, now
- message at begin of encounter is only shown for unsual conditions or modifiers
- held creatures will no longer interrupt pc cast attempts
- enlarged portraits and narration images (both convo only) by 40% in each direction (about double size); moved PC and NPC nodes accordingly
- fixed crash bug with creature casters casting self targeted spells
- fixed bug that sometimes led to wrong indicators (red and yellow boxes) shown for spells and traits to learn

Super! I downloaded this build and will use it to update shortly with the module fixes I've been making to Hearkenwold.
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:23 pm

Downloaded as well and will be using with hearkenwold play through... More eyes :D
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:08 pm

Awesome to hear, Jer :D . Maybe even use this one (no big difference though):

IB Beta v116 released - no liabilities, no warranties, use at your own risk:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i66d0ce3omlsa ... 6.zip?dl=0

- made ui background full screen everywhere (there was a top screen gap beforehand where the old grey bar was)
- more polish to convo screen (portraits size, general placement of portraits, nodes and buttons)
- fixed bug with attack boni on items (all items grant attack boni now as advertised)
- moved the effect bab modifiers for melee only/range only to "pc only category" in toolset (the general bab modifier still works for pc as well as creatures)
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:08 pm

Super! I downloaded this build and will use it to update shortly with the module fixes I've been making to Hearkenwold.

Perfect - amazing progress left and right these days :) .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:53 am

While exploring magnificent Hearkenwold, I also tinker with the code a bit, fixing bugs and polishing where it seems to be not too much effort. As part of this I have enlarged the pc portrait on party screen (+100% in both directions, four times the size) and adjusted layout accordingly.

Furthermore, I try to get keyboard driven input in convo screen working, like this: left/right (a/d) for switching between player characters and up/down(w/s) for highlighting different answer options (and space/return for finally selecting the highligthed answer option). Maybe, I will also rework the bubble (indciator for having differing lines) system a bit: different position of bubbles for character with different lines, same position for characters with the same lines. This will be independent from currently chosen pc. Must test this a bit.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

PreviousNext

Return to General IceBlink Project Discussions