Page 345 of 348

Re: Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:05 pm
by slowdive
So the computer area is somewhat setup. Last night, my daughter and I started playing Hearkenwold together (after we had fished another family Icewind Dale season... we are on second level of dragon’s eye and barely defeated the talonities+trolls area after a few reload and strategy changes). She is a female human wizard and I am a male human cleric. I think we will as a fighter and maybe an archer. We only played for a bit before her bed time. Well try and play for 30 minutes walk night before bed.

Re: Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:10 pm
by Dorateen
slowdive wrote: Last night, my daughter and I started playing Hearkenwold together (after we had fished another family Icewind Dale season... we are on second level of dragon’s eye and barely defeated the talonities+trolls area after a few reload and strategy changes). She is a female human wizard and I am a male human cleric. I think we will as a fighter and maybe an archer. We only played for a bit before her bed time. Well try and play for 30 minutes walk night before bed.


That sounds like a lot of fun. Dragon's Eye was such a great dungeon. I really enjoyed reaching the lower level there. The yuan-ti pretending to be friendly, and after 4 levels of a life and death struggle, you almost want to believe them as a welcome relief. Sensing something wasn't right, I remember our party's paladin casting detect evil and watching all those characters on the screen glow red. It was a genuine unsettling moment.

Re: Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:48 am
by slowdive
So we ended up going with a party of four. My daughter controls two and I control two. I have a dwarf male fighter and a human male cleric. She has an elf female ranger and a human female wizard. We finished exploring the castle and are now venturing out in to the great outdoors to complete the task of hunting goblins. I have been enjoying all the new additions to the original areas including new dialog options, encounters, and other hidden gems. The engine has really taken a new level of polish thanks to Karl’s hard work and input from others. Plays very well, I’m using the newest version of hearkenwold and the engine that came in the download.

Re: Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:21 am
by slowdive
We updated to Hearkenwold 174 and continued our journey. My daughter (10) is having a lot of fun exploring, although she gets scared as she walks around the map. I have guided her a bit to stay on the simpler part. We are in the goblin cave and our little part of four is doing well so far.

Re: Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:13 pm
by Dorateen
Hey, that is great to hear! Yes, it can be a dangerous world for a young party. I was going to suggest sticking close to the road, but then I recall there are some encounters that can pop up there as well. But then, most of the fun is making your own path and going off the road. I hope she is enjoying it.

Re: Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:26 am
by zach_holbrook
slowdive wrote:We updated to Hearkenwold 174 and continued our journey. My daughter (10) is having a lot of fun exploring, although she gets scared as she walks around the map. I have guided her a bit to stay on the simpler part. We are in the goblin cave and our little part of four is doing well so far.


This is really cool!

Re: Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:25 pm
by slowdive
We have been playing IWD:EE together as a family (daughter 10, son 5) on iPads and a tablet. We are on the 4th level of dragon’s eye and they found out that those nice friendly people are not what they seem as Dorateen described :lol:
My daughter (10) is controlling a female elf archer and a female human undead hunter. My son (5) is a male human dragon disciple. My son loves his fireballs and uses them judiciously :lol: I have my tank runout in front with 100% fire protection. Since my daughter is getting proficient with the infinity engine, she decided to start a single player game of Baldur’s Gate. She is now at the friendly arms inn and her one question is why is everyone trying to kill her? Why the bounty on her head? She keeps asking if anyone else is going to ask her for her name and then tell her to hold still while they attack her :lol:

Re: Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:10 pm
by zach_holbrook
slowdive wrote:We have been playing IWD:EE together as a family (daughter 10, son 5) on iPads and a tablet. We are on the 4th level of dragon’s eye and they found out that those nice friendly people are not what they seem as Dorateen described :lol:
My daughter (10) is controlling a female elf archer and a female human undead hunter. My son (5) is a male human dragon disciple. My son loves his fireballs and uses them judiciously :lol: I have my tank runout in front with 100% fire protection. Since my daughter is getting proficient with the infinity engine, she decided to start a single player game of Baldur’s Gate. She is now at the friendly arms inn and her one question is why is everyone trying to kill her? Why the bounty on her head? She keeps asking if anyone else is going to ask her for her name and then tell her to hold still while they attack her :lol:



She sounds very sensible! It will be a long road to get answers to all those questions... You inspired me to redownload Icewind Dale EE. I was tempted to get it on Switch, but because I already have it on PC I couldn't bring myself to do it. I'm curious how it plays in that format though.

Re: Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:35 pm
by slowdive
It plays very well on tablets (or any touch screen), but I’m not sure myself how well it would work out on consoles.

Re: Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:23 pm
by Pongo
Did Iceblink Basic get taken down from the Google Play store? I can't find it.