[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
IceBlinkEngine.com • View topic - Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.

Re: Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

Postby slowdive » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:49 pm

It hasn't been too hard since most of the code is the exact same in both IB and IBx. The only parts that are different are the drawing functions (SharpDX vs SkiaSharp) and the file handling functions (each platform is unique so I have generic functions that point to a single location for the code differences. The biggest issues have been that we originally had SharpDX.Bitmap calls all over the place instead of using a generic...also the SharpDX.Color calls. In IBbasic I started trying to never use fixed Bitmaps like gc.cc.black_tile and instead just using the gv.cc.GetFromBitmapList("black_tile"). All Bitmaps are stored in the public Dictionary<string, SKBitmap> commonBitmapList = new Dictionary<string, SKBitmap>(); I do not have Bitmaps stored on any classes like the Creature or Player classes so the pc.token is gone and I use gv.cc.GetFromBitmapList(pc.tokenFilename)
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby slowdive » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:57 am

I have now made it to the screenMainMap class. This one will take some time I'm sure, but it should be smooth sailing after that. Once the "screen" classes are done, I'll need to go back through the all the classes again to clean up any loose ends and look for any remaining red underlines (errors).
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:28 am

Great progress there :) ! The screenMainMap is quite the monster as many of the new graphical subsytems will lurk there (height shadows, seamlessly connected area code, screen scrolling, animations of props and party, weather, light and darkness, prop and party scaling for more zoomed out areas, draw party tail of mini pc,...). Keeping fingers crossed here :) ...
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:41 am

After two nights of working on the screenMainMap class, I'm about 2/3rds of the way through. So maybe one more night to go :D
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:56 pm

Sending hugs and fine coffee from here, almost there :D !
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:42 am

Finally made it through the main map screen and I’m well into the remaining screens. Nothing exciting to report from here :lol:
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:04 am

Well done :) ! That should have been the biggest hurdle, the other screens are much more straigthforward and contain less dead end or redundant code.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:38 am

Finished updating IBx up to v179. Now I need to start testing out to make sure everything is working correctly. Crossing fingers :lol:
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby slowdive » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:40 pm

Finding lots of bugs mostly with file handling issues and slowly working through those one at a time. So far it looks promising and fun to play IB on my iPad.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby slowdive » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:15 am

I have Blackwinter set as the built-in module that is part of the build. This is good since it is a smaller sized module and there must be at least one module built in so the game at launch does not have an empty module launch screen. Players can add more modules to the module folder of course. I have most of it up and running, but there are still some bugs that I am working through. I am also starting to add some of the touch screen comforts such as selecting a convo line option by using buttons on the right side of screen as well as the option of selecting the actual text line. I like the buttons because the text lines can be too hard to tap with fingers on smaller devices. IBx may not play very well on small devices, but it works really nicely on my iPad 9.7" screen.

Below are screenshots from my iPad. The ui locations are all off for the iPad’s screen resolution, but I’ll fix that.

E1A88EFA-FE03-44C3-9FE2-620255B5ECD1.jpeg
E1A88EFA-FE03-44C3-9FE2-620255B5ECD1.jpeg (58.48 KiB) Viewed 507 times

56F60A8C-B12F-4780-B27B-CC21EDA36803.jpeg
56F60A8C-B12F-4780-B27B-CC21EDA36803.jpeg (227.82 KiB) Viewed 507 times
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General IceBlink Project Discussions