[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
IceBlinkEngine.com • View topic - Engine Bugs

Engine Bugs

Report any bugs or ideas/suggestions that arise during testing of the Alpha Build Version 1

Engine Bugs

Postby youngneil1 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:17 am

I guess Jeremy will sort these later on (and combine with known erors, for simplicity's sake starting with Nr. 1 here), so I just keep stuff coming for now:

Enginebug 1, Alpha 1.2 (normal severity): When the party is defeated in combat and the player decides not to exit, an error message appears ("failed to do creature turn: argument our of range exception"). when clicking through error messages, the party can move later on on world map (Jeremy already stated that Death and Healing are not finished, so not surprising). Edit: It seems the error message appears even when deciding to exit upon party defeat.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Re: Engine Bugs

Postby slowdive » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:40 pm

slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Temaperacl » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:57 pm

I'll leave off putting any severity estimates into my reports until Beta unless it is of a critical (Impacts outside the engine/editor, AKA "Deletes files from the HD") level.

Alpha 1.2
When map is larger than the window size, holding down or very rapid pressing of arrow key appears to cause map to switch between current position and top left of map [Character position does not appear to change, only what is displayed]. Attached are two screenshots with an example - the two positions that were being flipped between when holding down the right arrow key (Party is at middle right of screen B).
Attachments
I_T1.jpg
EngineBug2. Shrunk for size reasons
I_T1.jpg (34.9 KiB) Viewed 7094 times
Temaperacl
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:16 pm

slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Temaperacl » Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:29 pm

Temaperacl
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:45 pm

slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:31 pm

Testing my first self created encounter (800x800 encounter map, called from an 1600x1600 world map, one pc, one skeleton champ opponent for testing):

The combat map loads and the character as well as the opponents are where they shall be. Unfortunately, when it's the character's time to move, the press of the movement arrow key causes an error emssage (out of index). One can "continue" on that error box and pressing the movement key again triggers a new error message. One can continue after that again: Pressing the movement key now for the third time causes a sudden jump of the character modell - taking three fields at once (the beforehand moves with errors I guess). Also now for the first time movement counter (11) is displayed. From here on, the combat proceeds normal without errors.

Very strange, but repeating for me (on that encounter at least, no problems in the alpha module).

Edit: The very same encounter works flawlessly when called from an 800x800 world map. Let's if I can call 1.600x.1.600 ecounter maps from 1.600x.1.600 world maps without error...
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:19 pm

Looks like the game cannot open 1.600 x 1.600 encounter maps (failed to open message ingame). Or I made some other mistake while creating the encounter?
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:27 pm

Hey, yn1, can you email me your debug.txt file? Should help give me an idea based on the error messages.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:33 pm

You got g-mail ;-).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Next

Return to Alpha Build 1 Bugs and Ideas Reporting