[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
IceBlinkEngine.com • View topic - Toolset Bugs

Toolset Bugs

Report any bugs or ideas/suggestions that arise during testing of the Alpha Build Version 1

Re: Toolset Bugs

Postby catprog » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:10 am

catprog
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:07 am

Alright, as I feared it was indeed my mistake that "doOnceNar" and "uncheckConvo" (which look identical) did not work. Stupid me mixed up dialogues and so I was tetsing with another one than the one I had modified in the toolset. One bug to skretch from the list and my apologies for the false alert.

Edit: The same is true for the conversation action "attack" - works fine now, too. Excellent!
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:33 am

When doing a transition via event ("T") onto a destination field that contains a narration dialogue (e.g. a message for one who was teleported), that narration dialogue is played twice. This can be remedied by calling "doOnceNar" script, but it might provide as a little disturbing for dialogues that are supposed to be dispalyed on each visit again, but only once per each visit.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:17 pm

In Encounter edit mode, the toolset freezes with an error message (Null reference) when you have a cretaure selected that has yet no icon assigned and at the same time touch the grid (I guess the toolset expects an existing icon to place it and cannot cope with this situatation of a yet not assigned icon).

Also, sometimes you get an error message (like unclear object reference) when trying to assign an icon to a newly made creature. Have yet to figure out what the exact circumstances are - right now I think it helps to save the creature without icon first, exit, restart toolset and then assign the icon. Might be wrong here though.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:17 pm

When trying to save a conversation that has yet no node (just a newly created blank one, containing only root and no speaker image), the toolset prodcues an error message. Furthermore - even after restarting the toolset - it's not possible to once again create a conversation with that same name. In the menu folder one can find an .xml file with that crashing conversation's name. After deleting that file manually it's again possible to create that conversation in the toolset.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:04 am

EDIT: Resolved a part of this, so better start reading from end of thread :-).

Adding a third character to the party via addPC script does not work out, at least not the way I tried:

I edited the original addPC script to add a PC named Ornogg - this works out just fine (new values, new graphics).

Then I copied that script, renamed it to addPCNogi and entered Nogi's values. Unfortunately this script - when called as the party has already the main PC and Ornogg - doesn't even trigger the message box "script completed".

I actviated all message boxes to see where we get stuck - here are the messages:

"entered script"
"variable.Key= addPCdone variable.Value=1"
"variable.Key == addPCdone"

I guess it's related to the checks in the beginning of the script, probably meant to prevent adding the same PC twice? I will see if I can get this resolved in the meantime. Scripting training, yeah ;-).
Last edited by youngneil1 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:33 am

youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:03 am

youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:12 am

youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:13 am

I also tried - in addition to an encounter with four predefined Pc-starting points - an encounter with non-defined PC-starting positions (leads to start top left corner as default it seems) - also failed to open with 3 chars. I would guess some of the encounter code fails to handle more than 2 PCs, but hard to say from here.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

PreviousNext

Return to Alpha Build 1 Bugs and Ideas Reporting