[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
IceBlinkEngine.com • View topic - Fonts

Fonts

Report any bugs or ideas/suggestions that arise during testing of the Alpha Build Version 1

Fonts

Postby Pongo » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:15 pm

I'm having a problem... with fonts. Which seems ridiculous, but there you go! ;)

Essentially, I'm using a laptop with Windows 7 installed, and every time I try to edit a file an error pops up telling me that I don't have "ariel narrow font". Then nothing happens.

I've done a bit of digging, and it looks like this font isn't included in all Windows 7 PCs as default:

The solution seems to be that you need to buy microsoft office (although if you have the font on another computer you should be able to copy it across apparently).

Might be better to use a different font in future builds? Or is there an easy solution to this (I'm not particularly tekkie!)
Pongo
Backer
Backer

Re: Fonts

Postby Pongo » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:26 pm

Is a bit weird because the conversation editor works fine, but the map page doesn't.... you'd think it would be the other way around!

To be clear, the error message is actually:
'ariel narrow' does not support the style 'regular'
Pongo
Backer
Backer

Postby Pongo » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:48 pm

Sorry - having a conversation with myself here. Next time I'll wait a bit longer and put everything in one post!

Copying the font across from a desktop worked fine, map editor now up and running.
Pongo
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:33 pm

No problem, I am conversing with myself quite often, hard to find a better looking chat partner, aeh, where was I? Right! Good you sorted the font thing out! :-)
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Lurking Grue » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:49 am

Speaking of fonts, it would be nice if IB would (somewhere down the line) support custom fonts. So that you could have futuristic looking ones for sci-fi games, mechanic typewriter ones for steampunk, and so on.
Lurking Grue
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:04 pm

Yes, or those with black or gold borders around them for better readability against all backgrounds (or some with shadow effects)... would like that, too.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Return to Alpha Build 1 Bugs and Ideas Reporting