[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
IceBlinkEngine.com • View topic - Toolset Bugs

Toolset Bugs

Report any bugs or ideas/suggestions that arise during testing of the Alpha Build Version 2

Toolset Bugs

Postby slowdive » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:40 am

Report and bugs found while testing the alpha build 2 toolset
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Toolset Bugs

Postby Dorateen » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:05 pm

Hi slowdive,

I have begun playing around with the new version of the toolset. I can open your Alpha 2 mod without any problem.

When I copied over the contents of the module I have been working on, and copied the new prop, encounter, container files, etc. into a new folder, when I open up in the toolset I get an Unhandled Exception message.

Now I can click on continue and seem to be able to use the toolset functions. I have used the Sprite editor and can place triggers, all the maps and conversations have carried over.

I am wondering if there is something from the module data file that needs to be deleted. If you have any thoughts, or what would be the best way to construct a new module from scratch. I would just feel better moving ahead, if I could get rid of the error message upon opening up the module.

Thanks!
Attachments
ErrorMessage.jpg
ErrorMessage.jpg (86.56 KiB) Viewed 9250 times
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:45 pm

A lot has changed from alpha 1 so it could be a number of things. The best bet is to open the alpha 2 module, do a save as, enter a new module name, then save. proceed to remove all areas, encounters, containers, conversations, props, creatures, and items (you can keep them if you leave all the sprites, icons, etc. in the graphics folders). Probably the only things you can bring over from your previous work would be your conversations, maps (.jpg), scripts (with some editing), icons/tokens (need to create sprites for Props and Creatures/PCs).

If it is still giving you errors, send me your module folder and I'll fix it up good :D
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dorateen » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:50 pm

OK... I had considered doing that. Somehow, it didn't feel right messing around with your originial work, heh

But that sounds like the best way so I can pick up and go from here.

Thanks!
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:55 am

to get your conversations to show up you have two options:

1- hit the "add" button and type in the conversation name exactly as the conversation filename is (example: Lily.xml you would type Lily as the conversation name in the toolset listbox
2- open your old module file (.module) and copy the conversation lines into your new module file. Then when you open the new module in the toolset, the convos will be there.

example: copy over these lines and replace as needed:
<ModuleConvosList>
<ModuleConvosList>Lily</ModuleConvosList>
<ModuleConvosList>Drinian</ModuleConvosList>
<ModuleConvosList>tombNar</ModuleConvosList>
<ModuleConvosList>donut</ModuleConvosList>
</ModuleConvosList>
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:50 pm

youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:16 pm

Something looks quite messy - tried to just add a new trigger in the unmodded main area of the alpha2 module. Whenever I try open up the parameters1 drop down list in order to e.g. enter transistion coordinates I get above error message (NullReferenceException). This also is true for scripts and probably the others, too. Funnily when event type "none" is selected, then the "parameters1" list pops up (though all grey). This must have obviously work dfor you and I can e.g. enter the parameters1 lists of the already existing events of triggers without problems. Hard to get my mind behind this one for me.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:56 pm

I can manually circumvent this quite showstopping bug by entering the parameters wanted manually in the LEVEL Data file. Funny thing is, after I have done so, the dropdown menu works in the toolset. For this particular event I can now choose e.g. other transition areas from the drop down list.

It almost looks as if there's some too careful safety check - giving an error message due to some yet unspecified reference that I was actually in the process of defining for the first time in the toolset.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:24 pm

Hmmm, I'll need to look into this one. Sounds similar to the problem I was having with the datagridview comboboxes. I'll have that fixed for the next alpha build (out probably this weekend or next).
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:12 pm

Good to hear. It's probably some small detail and very likely something that crept in after you reconstructed the alpha2 module. It's odd that once an item from the drop down has been chosen once (and be it by manually inserting it in the data file), it works everytime. This field seems to require a selection - perhaps it should have some default selected (and if it's some dummy area, script, etc.). Of course only a second best solution.

Btw I have fun here reconstructing Red Carnival as some training (still a little hard to concentrate, that's one really stubborn flu). And as it sounds I will have the pleasure soon again :-) .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Next

Return to Alpha Build 2 Bugs and Ideas Reporting