[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
IceBlinkEngine.com • View topic - Engine Bugs

Engine Bugs

Report any bugs or ideas/suggestions that arise during testing of the Alpha Build Version 3

Re: Engine Bugs

Postby youngneil1 » Sat May 11, 2013 5:48 am

youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Sat May 11, 2013 5:55 am

Alpha4:

Icon placeholder for inventory item clashes with description text of an item in the item description box (inventory screen). Likely known.
Also no info for equipped items yet (definitely known).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Sat May 11, 2013 6:48 am

Alpha4:

Something is a little off when it comes to the game remembering which part of a map have been uncovered already (fog of war removed). It happened to me after loading a savegame: all looked fine. Then I switched from the first to the second map and then back again. Upon returning to the first map (which I had uncovered fully beforehand) now parts of it were black again (the area with a chest and skeletons guarding it). It was in this part of the map that I also had saved and reloaded, if that should make a difference.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Sun May 12, 2013 4:39 pm

Alpha4:

Looks like the green highlight in the initiative (showing whose turn it) sometimes ceases to work. Or skips several acting creatures and characters?
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Fri May 17, 2013 11:40 pm

youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Sat May 18, 2013 10:13 am

Setting up those localints on the props via script works, so I think it's related to the toolset (these lists of variables there do actually not set the variables in game, yet ;-)).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Sat May 18, 2013 1:19 pm

Yup, I wasn't planning on having the ability to add Locals before hand (forgot to make it read only in property grid), but maybe I should. I'll look into that.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Sat May 18, 2013 2:08 pm

Might be cool to have locals on them. Would spare the user having to edit scripts for setting additional locals on these props. This way a single script could just read out the values on the prop, like e.g. having healing squares with different values for the healing done. The healing done could be setup within the toolset then (via those local variable lists). Same for all kinds of buffing squares. Basically all events that are not supposed to happen on each contact/each step on such a square could be done nicely via such props and scripting. Non-collision-props also have the charm of easy sprite attachment to visually represent them as event fields on the field. When it comes to per step events (like three damage per step) triggers will come in very handy.
__

Might be also nice actually to have the option to assign sprites to triggers, too. Right now - on world map - I manually remove creatures associated with a trigger. When there would be a sprite that 's removed once the corresponding trigger is deactivated, this would simplify things a little. Speaking of this whole complex, another way of encounter setup up on world map (right now I do trigger + non-collision creature prop + scripting) would be that have an on collision trigger on each creature that calls the encounter (like already done for conversation). This will later on help with moving enemy creatures I guess.

I guess there are many ways to approach this - it just would be helpful to have some standard solution later for moving encounters with a sprite representation that will deactivate once the encounter is won (but will remain on successful flee). Would be ace if battle music and sounds would automatically kick in on starting the encounter and off on flee/victory (specified as an encounter property).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Sat May 18, 2013 2:55 pm

Okay, I just added LocalInts and LocalStrings to the DeepCopy methods of Creatures and Props. So now you should be able to add Locals in the toolset and they will be there in-game. Also, when duplicating a Creatue or Prop, the Locals will copy over.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Sat May 18, 2013 4:27 pm

Excellent, Jer. Being also able to duplicate props/creature including their locals will make setting up the battlefield much faster.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Previous

Return to Alpha Build 3 Bugs and Ideas Reporting