[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
IceBlinkEngine.com • View topic - Toolset Bugs

Toolset Bugs

Report any bugs or ideas/suggestions that arise during testing of the Alpha Build Version 4

Toolset Bugs

Postby slowdive » Sat May 18, 2013 11:14 pm

Report and bugs found while testing the alpha build 4 toolset
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Toolset Bugs

Postby youngneil1 » Mon May 20, 2013 2:51 pm

Remove last selected creature option on encounter screen does not remove the last clicked one when there's a group of resrefs to the same creature template form the list. Instead it probably remove s the resrefs one by one in the order of placing; this make it difficult to get selectively rid of a certain resref.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Wed May 29, 2013 11:01 am

Alpha 4.3:

More an oddity than a bug but still: When changing an event the toolset remembers the parameters used for a script that was called by the event beforehand. In a few situation I reused an event (say event 3) for something else than I had used it beforehand. When choosing the fresh new script to be called now, I still found the parms 1 to 4 set the same way they were for the old script called by that event 3.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Thu May 30, 2013 9:57 am

Alpha 4.3:

I don't know if it was my bad exactly, but for the second time now I somehow lost entries I made as quest text in the journal wizard. Is there some hidden delete/refresh function (after a certain time has passed without saving)? Really strange - probably just my clumsy fingers (though it happed each time to all subentries of a category, not just the one entry I was working on)...
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Dorateen » Thu May 30, 2013 2:22 pm

Conversation Bug

This is something I ran into when working with Alpha 3, but I have had it happen in Alpha 4, so I thought I should report it in case it is not a known issue.

I can only create one new conversation in a toolset session. If I try to create another new converstaion, the root node shows up without the "add text here" and I am unable to add a node to the root. If I keep trying to reopen I start getting failure messages.

What this means is, I have had to add a new conversation and save, then close the toolset. Once I open the toolset again, I can create another conversation and so on. Obviously this is a slight inconvenience if I plan on knocking out a bunch of conversations all at once. Thankfully, the toolset closes and opens up quick so it is not that bad. Working on existing conversations is no problem at all.
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Thu May 30, 2013 2:57 pm

slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby slowdive » Thu May 30, 2013 3:17 pm

slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Fri May 31, 2013 1:14 pm

Thanks for the fast update, Jer. Already using it :-).
___

There's another pesky bug I just ran into: The data for already created player classes doesn't update when e.g. spells or traits are removed in their corresponding editors. Worse, there's no way of manually removing traits or spells from the lists in the playerClasses editor in the toolset. Gonna do this in the playerClasses file itself by hand now.. wish me luck :D
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Fri May 31, 2013 1:36 pm

Alright, found an easier way: There's indeed an option in the toolset for manually removing those deleted skills, traits and spells. It can be found on the right hand side of the playerClass editor. There are lists for allowed entries, which I could correct easily by hand. Besides some portrait error it works now.

Edit: Have resolved that portrait error, too - turns out I had accidentally deleted the standard portraits coming with IB. Once I restored those, the error vanished. Seems like the engine looks for these portraits as default picture to be shown first on fresh characters.
Last edited by youngneil1 on Fri May 31, 2013 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Dorateen » Fri May 31, 2013 1:55 pm

Yes, thank you for the speedy conversation fix. Most appreciated.
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Next

Return to Alpha Build 4 Bugs and Ideas Reporting