[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
IceBlinkEngine.com • View topic - Engine Bugs

Engine Bugs

Report any bugs that arise during use of the Engine and Toolset

Re: Engine Bugs

Postby youngneil1 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:41 pm

youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:02 pm

Yeah, I read that same post while researching. Was a post for XNA and that AudioVideo function is an old DirectX thing that is no longer supported and was supossively bug ridden (from what I read in various places). But, it may be a better alternative than using WMP. When I tried adding the functions before, it looks like I didn't have the needed dll referenced to the project so I'll need to track down the Microsoft DirectX dll from the SDK most likely...another dll to add to the IceBlink folder :lol:
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:17 pm

Just guessing in the dark here, but maybe worth a try indeed :) .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:59 am

youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:19 pm

youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Dorateen » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:36 pm

Enemies are blocked by dead/unconscious party members.

This might be a known issue, but it came up for me in version 1.0 of the engine.

I was play-testing a new battle yesterday. The party of 2nd level characters looked like they were going to die heroically. And then suddenly, the monsters were no longer moving past the bodies of the fallen companions. The two remaining characters in the backline, ensconced safely behind a pile of corpses, were able to take down the monsters with ranged attacks, snatching victory from the jaws of defeat!

While that might make for a good heroic ballad, from a gameplay perspective, I'm not sure I want to see that happen, heh.
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:19 pm

Nice tactical maneuver there, haha. I'll look into that.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dorateen » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:28 pm

Hmm... I just tested another battle (ahem, party wipe) and the monster did move onto squares occupied by dead/knocked out characters. Maybe it was positioning near the door or something the blocked the pathfinding of the enemy in the other battle.

I should mention, these are large sized creatures. The first was a 64 x 128 tall sprite, but those are still placed on a 128 x 128 field, right? The second creature that did move correctly was a full 128 x 128 big guy. So it might have just been some quirk on this end. I'll report if I see anything strange happen again.
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:02 pm

Okay, yeah, the large creatures (only 2x2 or 3x3 square creatures are recognized, 1x2 or 2x1 are seen as 2x2) may have issues pathfinding. They need full 2x2 squares free in order to reach a PC. If they can not find a path to the intended PC (most likely the closest PC), they will just stay put. I still need to improve creature AI in general.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:40 am

Yupp, AI that cannot find a path to its ideal target (like the one with lowest hp for those clever AI types), should be able to approach a second, less ideal target. Worst case scenario is a rooted, passive AI getting stuck. May be some checking for no path found and then switching to an alternative/fallback AI set up? Hah, see, finally thinking about IB here again, feels good :D !
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

PreviousNext

Return to IceBlink Engine and Toolset Bugs Reporting