[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
IceBlinkEngine.com • View topic - Engine Bugs

Engine Bugs

Report any bugs that arise during use of the Engine and Toolset

Re: Engine Bugs

Postby sinopip » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:02 am

I've been through Lanterna and I have one issue wiith the engine when fighting the goblin leader (big creature 2x2). When casting an area spell, it only affects him if his top-left tile is in the area of effect. Similarily, the hover info/target should be accessible on all occupied tiles.

Some little issue too with loading a save game. The loading screen doesn't show properly, I can only see the border of it (but then the game is loaded normally).
sinopip

Postby Dorateen » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:57 pm

Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby sinopip » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:04 pm

I can't see all the spells castable in combat, as I have a script giving me all of them, for testing.
The window is not big enough to contain them. The window can be resized, but only in height, and only to see one more line of two spells.

We would need a wider spell selection window, and also for traits use (I'll have a look later this week at the source and try to change this, unless someone wishes to do it).
sinopip

Postby youngneil1 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:07 pm

Sounds very reasonable, some scrollable list ideally, I guess. Also sorting spells for better overview into categories might be nice. Category names might be definable in the tooslet, like e.g. the name of currency already is "gold/credits/umgaks :-)". Also spells might have a category attribute. One could e.g. have "Healing", "Damage", "Buff", "Debuff" and "Buff". Or stufff like "Ice", "Fire", "Earth", etc. or "Circle 1", "Circle 2", "Circle 3"... you get the notion. Same for traits who could also have such category names.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby sinopip » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:48 am

Now I can rather easily widen the window of spell selection and put the spells on lines by three, but this is not the best solution. A scrollbar or scroll buttons would be better, but I haven't got results with this yet.

There is some bug with the spMageArmor.cs, spFireResist.cs and spColdResist.cs spell scripts. When used on map (outside of combat) there is a D3DX9 error message (but the game then continues normally).
sinopip

Postby youngneil1 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:41 am

Will look into this later, too. These d3dx9 errors are rather unspecific (or even misleading) and hard to trace back to real origin of the error. A scroll list would be fine indeed - let's see where one can borrow this code ;) .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby joshua » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:27 am

joshua

Postby joshua » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:32 am

Just to clarify the above bug report, it occurs only after character selection. After pressing "Start the game with this Character/Party" . After a few seconds the exception is reported and I'm offered the option to continue or quit. If I "continue" loading appears to continue but no map ever loads.
joshua

Postby slowdive » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:45 am

You need to have the dx9_43.dll on your machine in order to play the game. You get the error after character creation because that is when the game tries to create the adventure map screen which creates a dx9 device at that point.

You can get the dx9_43.dll by installing the "Microsoft DirectX® End-User Runtime" which provides updates to 9.0c:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... aspx?id=35

That is what I had to do on my netbook (my other PCs already had the needed versions of DX9).
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby joshua » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:31 pm

Thanks! That fixed things on my netbook.

Now, I have been able to run "Under the Sea" fine on both my netbook as well as a newer PC at my office. However I'm getting errors during both "Red Carnival" and "Lanterna".

During "Red Carnival" I've run into problems after adding Dhugol to the party.

redcarn_error_1.jpg
redcarn_error_1.jpg (70.96 KiB) Viewed 4995 times

In the combat immediately following - things get worse when the combat map is loading:

redcarn_error_3.jpg
redcarn_error_3.jpg (218.92 KiB) Viewed 4995 times

The above error repeats over 70 times (maybe 72 times?)

Then combat proceeds but with no visible map or tokens.

-----

My problems with "Lanterna" were similar in that I believe an error was announced after adding a new character to the party and then the next combat screen failed to load. It will take me some time to reproduce it however.
joshua

PreviousNext

Return to IceBlink Engine and Toolset Bugs Reporting