[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
IceBlinkEngine.com • View topic - Engine Bugs

Engine Bugs

Report any bugs that arise during use of the Engine and Toolset

Re: Engine Bugs

Postby slowdive » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:00 am

slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby slowdive » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:10 pm

For those who want to use the updated crtOnStartCombatRound.cs (houses the creature AI) here it is:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/892 ... batTurn.cs

place this script in the "Iceblink Beta v7/data/scripts" folder. Go ahead and overwrite the old one. This will allow your casters to start casting again, nasty guys too in Hearkenwold :twisted:

I also fixed a couple of more bugs I found while playing Hearkenwold:
fixed-zzzz on me when asleep but purple held on creatures asleep (now creatures get the same effect overlays like PCs do)
fixed-held/sleeping creature still gets free attack on ranged weapon use and AoO when leave threat square (fixed the dsPcAttack.cs and the LeaveThreatenedCheck() method in sf.dll)
fixed-quicksave (hot key "q") should send a message to log window (not a bug but added feature...did the same for autosave toggle hot key "a" message)
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby slowdive » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:17 pm

I think I have a working solution for how to reset the DX9 Renderer when lost (black screen and map freezes up issues). I started testing some code to completely reset the entire render and recreate the scene again. I am using a hot key "r" to call the code. I tried having my computer go into sleep mode and that froze the main map screen when coming out of sleep (just like it has done in the past). Now when I press "r", the map is refreshed and everything works again! :mrgreen: Big success story there for me :lol:

Now I need to add similar code for combat maps. I will eventually try and figure out how to call this ResetRender() code when an event of lost device is detected so that the player will not need to hit the "r" key (I think most games do this "detect when device lost and reset render" stuff). The joys of DX9 unmanaged code :D and a self taught coder :lol:
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:20 pm

Sounds glorious - big gratz on that discovery! Learning by doing, step by step... it adds up over time, it does :D :D :D .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:42 pm

I got some strange duplicating of items going on here while preparing Red Carnival for release. It's hard for me to point the finger to it exactly, best I describe what I think what I saw:

I found a ring of Ring of Expertise (tag: BeltOfExpertise1, never mind it's an old tag for the item once was a belt ;-)) and equipped it to Nogi's ring slot 1 form inventory screen (by drag & drop). What happened then is that the Ring appeared in the ring slot, but stayed in inventory, too. I had two of them now. I could remove the double ring and do the trick again, having three rings now. I equipped the whole group with such rings in slot 1. Later after having played a while, maybe even after reloading, I inspected inventories again and found that several characters had in ring slot 2 that same ring, too. I just encountered the same issue with the Silver Feathers armour at first with Nogi, but also with Ornogg actually).

I guess it 's somehow related to the fact that these are old items, converted many times. In any case I suggest equipping und unequipping various items for test, just to be sure that this is only related to Red Carnival.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:12 am

Looking into the duplicate items next...

Okay, that was really tricky, but I think I have a working solution in place for the DX9 device lost issues. I now am catching the SharpDXException error and resetting the device from there. It was driving me crazy because of all the inconsistency of when it would work or fail. I now have a system that seems to be working and has a secondary catch as well. Working for both adventure maps and combat maps now. Messages will be sent to the combat log or adventure map log when the device is being reset. I was testing this by doing a ctrl-alt-del and then returning back which causes the DX9 device to be lost.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby slowdive » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:48 am

slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:51 am

Gratz on bringing those pesky dx9 and item bugs down - sounds very promising, will do a fresh RedCarnival test run with Beta v8, item switching and alt+tab galore incoming 8-) .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:53 am

Unfortunately the item duplication bug still persists (started new game, hit it again). I wonder if it might be related actually to the number of entries in the party inventory list: Besides above duplication effect, I missed two brawlerteeth items in my inventory list that I should have received by all means. May be those could not entered into the inventory cause some kind of maximum had been reached? Either a maximum for entries in the list (like e.g. no more than 30 items) or for maximum for the number of same items (no more than3?). The duplicating ring was teh very last entry in the inventory list. This is suspicious: the last item in the inventory list can be equipped without vanishing and at the same time some items found are missing. I think something is going on at the end of a very long list of inventory items. Well, or so I wildly speculate here :lol: .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:06 am

Concerning above: I think my guessing is in the right direction. When I purposefully shorten the inventory list by dropping items the bug does not appear. This is reproducible for me. With a long inventory list, the ring does not vanish when equipping it and duplicates when I remove the equipped version again. With a short inventory list, the very same ring equipped on the same character behaves totally normally. Weird stuff :shock: , hope it gives you a clue? Do those winform scroll lists have inbuilt maximum numbers of entries? Or did I delete a conflicting item while shortening the list (don't think so though)?
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

PreviousNext

Return to IceBlink Engine and Toolset Bugs Reporting