Hearkenwold Beta

Discuss any Adventure Modules for the IB2 Engine

Re: Hearkenwold Beta

Postby Dorateen » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:57 pm

Not to spoil too much, but the card game I alluded to is actually a modified form of Five Card Draw poker. Here's a sample of how it looks when displaying the player's hand:

It is achieved through multiple DC checks, and works off the currently selected character in the conversation interface. You'll want to try and win, or else lose some gold and suffer the taunts of Diggs the gambler.

Because the system is heavily randomized, there can be myriad permutations resulting in different outcomes. It's not perfect, but a fun little diversion.

The module itself is all but finished. I'm at the stage of correcting typos or adding minor details here and there. New release is coming soon! (Not this weekend, but very likely the next.)
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:40 pm

Awesome - what a creative approach to utilizing the dialogue system in fresh ways! Looks like everything works out according to plan, I am keeping fingers crossed for the last finishing touches :) .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:58 pm

Awesome work! Looking forward to it... Two or three weeks should be about right for me :D
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dorateen » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:35 pm

Thanks, youngneil1 and slowdive. Added another new weapon to the list of unique items that can be found during this adventure.
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Previous

Return to General IB2 Module Discussion