Combat & Conversation

Discuss any Adventure Modules for the IB2 Engine

Re: Combat & Conversation

Postby youngneil1 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:59 am

Amazing progress there, Zach :). The switch to adding more colours pays off big time - it all looks so vivid and detailed! The new tress are wonderfully crooked and organic, you really got the hand of a talented painter.

Purple ground tiles are hard to imagine right now. In select especially mysterious areas this could work out great - across the whole gameworld it might be a bit too much of an otherworldly distraction (or maybe not, hard to tell).

Keep us in the loop, please, it's great to see how it all comes together. And good recovery from the eye infection!
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby zach_holbrook » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:20 pm

Thanks Karl! I've been experimenting with some purplish (but not totally purple) tiles -- I'll post them when I have a full area built with them. I definitely agree I don't want it to look too colorful/bizarre -- and so I fear I might have erred in the opposite direction and made the difference between them and my normal tiles too subtle.

I've spent the last two weekends doing some necessary family-related travel, but I'm still plugging away.

I've put in a little time with that big tile I mentioned and finally finished it. See below. It's too small/low-res to see -- there's a closeup in-game which makes it clearer -- but each of the clusters of grapes is actually a cluster of birds' heads, and the leaves on some of the clusters are wings (some of which flap). What's here is actually an amalgam of both tiles and animated props!

beautytree.png
beautytree.png (971.81 KiB) Viewed 36 times
zach_holbrook

Postby youngneil1 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:07 am

Mind blown here :o :D , that's simply amazing! Such love for the details and the whole idea is very imaginative. Furthermore, I will love to see the animations in action. Using props to to create animated parts /sections of a larger tile is a very clever thing to do.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:55 pm

That sounds so cool! Look forward to seeing it in it full intended and animated state.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby zach_holbrook » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:27 am

Thanks guys. More soon...
zach_holbrook

Previous

Return to General IB2 Module Discussion