Hearkenwold Beta

Discuss any Adventure Modules for the IB2 Engine

Re: Hearkenwold Beta

Postby youngneil1 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:43 am

Aznek down :D ! First chars reach level 2. The goblin lair felt very atmospheric. Two oddities: Aznek was standing half in a wall, the space was very confined for a large creature. Also, lawgiver kept healing non-injured creatures.

Edit: I think the lawgiver healing AI would work better if he would use a generic spell for healing (using teh customization in the effetcs editor) instead of a pre-scripted one (aka old spells). For the generic spells (with effects tags in effects list) the AI should be able to realize that it is about to use a healing spell on a non-wounded target and then choose another course of action instead. I have not double checked these assumptions, so I might be wrong here.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:05 am

Large creatures only register attack from behind with one of their squares. I will likely show start of encounter screen only with non default victory/loss condition or battlefield modifiers in place.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:13 am

Arrow key navigation in convo screen might be cool: left/right speaker, up/down answer option. Space/return speak line.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:23 am

Faction quest entry in journal which is not supposed to be there.

Edit: This can be corrected in the toolset‘s faction editor. Just remove the default faction or set it to be not shown in log.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:42 am

The small brown bear near druid grove has glitchy attack animation.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Dorateen » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:57 pm

Thanks for persevering! I have seen that spellcasting behavior in other places. So it has to do with the old ib spell scripts. That's good to know, but those healing spells are the default ones on the list when selecting for casters. I will have to go in and change it to the effects based system.

The early encounter maps are a result of when IceBlink 2 was initially developed as a direct port from the Android version. It has been a low priority for me, and sadly did not get to do it for this update, but I intend to redo those maps in their original state for the PC.
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:04 pm

Thanks for persevering! I have seen that spellcasting behavior in other places. So it has to do with the old ib spell scripts. That's good to know, but those healing spells are the default ones on the list when selecting for casters. I will have to go in and change it to the effects based system.

Yes, it's irritating that the old spells are still featured so prominently in the toolset. I get confused by this ,too, from time to time :) . Maybe they can be removed from teh default spell selction without breaking compatibility with existing modules, pondering about this.

The early encounter maps are a result of when IceBlink 2 was initially developed as a direct port from the Android version. It has been a low priority for me, and sadly did not get to do it for this update, but I intend to redo those maps in their original state for the PC.

Encounters were great fun so far, just Aznek was bit squeezed into his room.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:28 pm

Resist Fire spell is using spell icon for magic arrow.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:58 pm

I love how the NPC in the castle reveal their special tasks one by one! Sly has a little typo in the dialogue where he reveals his task. He says turth instead of truth.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:06 pm

When giving stag meat to Mugs, his response misses a „you“ (... looks like brought down...).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

PreviousNext

Return to General IB2 Module Discussion