Hearkenwold Beta

Discuss any Adventure Modules for the IB2 Engine

Re: Hearkenwold Beta

Postby Dorateen » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:15 pm

Good to have another set of eyes checking it out! I fixed both typos now.
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:43 am

Having great fun here - party is level 3 now. We explore the kingdom under the well currently and taught the bug bear lords that it was not the best idea to shove us around :lol: .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:58 am

To do for me:
Check AI for repeated casts of same buff.
Eventually remove show full party toggle (to be discussed). Or maybe rework how full party is shown.
Simple height level/shadows in combat.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:04 am

Bug:
Some spells available for learning get the red frame (those with level requirement matching caster level excatly it seems).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Dorateen » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:07 pm

Hearing of your progress is a good measure of what's working so far. That underground area is one of the places I made use of the "secret passage" toggle on height adjusted tiles.
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:14 pm

Secret passages work perfectly well. The battles were quite balanced for my 6 characters level 3 party. Sleep spell is very efficient, especially with +4 to hit on the held sleepers and sleep not breaking on taking damage. Being able to rest in the well was super helpful.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:16 pm

Looks like held creatures were able to interrupt my casters with AoOs (bug).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:35 pm

The journal only shows main quest (and only the goblin threat quest stage, though I am already looking for Wrathack). Might be intended though?

Edit: Ah, my bad. Wrathack quest step is in journal.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:02 pm

Acidic blob has glitchy attack animation, too.
Sleep spell is applied multiple times on large creatures (might be related to using an old script based spell or it is a general bug I just thought I had fixed).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Dorateen » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:26 pm

youngneil1 wrote:Sleep spell is applied multiple times on large creatures (might be related to using an old script based spell or it is a general bug I just thought I had fixed).

The bigger they are, the harder they sleep! But seriously, good work on catching these bugs. Could this one be related to:

- Large cretaures in most(all?) instances only get damage once from AoEs (inlcuding sweep/cleave now).

That was a fix in version 110. Of course, I only worked up to and released the module in build 105 of the engine. Although, if you are playing it in the later versions, that fix should take effect, right? I think I know what the problem is with the acidic blob, it's a wide sized token, but I set it to size 1 in the creature properties. Also, good catch on the AoO bug. I'm curious if that is an issue with the AoO system that all enemies will trigger an extra attack regardless of condition; or if it is a defective held state. I'm pretty sure characters should be able to move away from held enemies without provoking AoO.
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

PreviousNext

Return to General IB2 Module Discussion