Hearkenwold Beta

Discuss any Adventure Modules for the IB2 Engine

Re: Hearkenwold Beta

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:01 pm

Delicious update, Droateen! Makes me a happy tinkerer here to see you test out the reinforcements. Two Elites pouring in each round will surely keep the players on their toes. No sense in holding back the fireball & friends arsenal in this battle :lol: .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Dorateen » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:22 pm

Thanks slowdive and youngneil1. I'm looking forward to playing around with more of the encounter properties and exploring additional options. One thing that is a challenge is to integrate new features into an existing module. But I find that situations in the adventure come up that will be opportunities to introduce different kinds of battles and interactions.
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby Dorateen » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:57 pm

J Dumont did a first look video of Hearkenwold. It's pretty fun to see a blind playthrough from someone outside the IceBlink community and encountering the engine for the first time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aivRn8bSct4&t=2339s

He has an impressive channel of the various RPGs he reviews, worth checking out.

As far as new work on the Hearkenwold campaign, I had slowed down considerably as things got busy for me at the start of the year, taking away from toolset time. I hope to get back into finishing the Hamhock adventure, so I can release an update on schedule in June. The recent attention is always a welcome shot in the arm for building motivation.
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:39 pm

The let's play is top notch! He does great voice overs for the NPCs! Stay away from spiders and visit the altar again :lol:
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:59 pm

Great video, was really fun to watch it :) . I was afraid all the time the game might crash or bug out :o , but it went rather smoothly :P (memory to self: must check that the esc buton always leads to previous screen unless eg on main map or in battle). I hope he does more epsiodes. And great to hear about Hearkenwold again :) .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Dorateen » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:51 pm

youngneil1 wrote: I was afraid all the time the game might crash or bug out :o , but it went rather smoothly :P

I think that build 120, which the current available download uses, is pretty stable. Except for minor quirks, or just general getting used to the way things work, users should not run into many technical issues. Looks like I had been up to working with 126, and I intend to upgrade to version 135 shortly. Overall, you've done amazing work with the engine to keep it playable and fun to build with.
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:13 am

Thank you, Dorateen, I am really delighted to hear this. I will continue to try my best to maintain backwards compatibility. The building comfort will likely increase later on as I put most of my energy into the engine side these days and there may be a few little things to be done in the toolset later on to make buidling easier (eg handling and sorting of the tiles available).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Dorateen » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:48 pm

Just a quick post to say, this has been the first week in a while that I was able to work on Hearkenwold every day. I am busy continuing the Halls of Hamhock conversion, building the second hall now, as well as made a few minor changes to the levels above. I'll keep going for the rest of the month, and then resume regular update reports at the beginning of May.
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:16 pm

That's great news there :) . Building everyday is very impressive, in most weeks for me it's like 4 or 5 days, with about 1.5 hours each day. It adds up over time though :) .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:20 pm

That's great news... Pace yourself is the motto or theme around here though... Helps avoid burn out and allows us to take care of RL responsibilities as well. Part of the reason we love IB is that it has no definite timelines.

That said, I'm looking forward to hearing the next update! :D
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General IB2 Module Discussion