[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
IceBlinkEngine.com • View topic - Blackwinter

Blackwinter

Discuss any Adventure Modules for the IB2 Engine

Re: Blackwinter

Postby slowdive » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:03 am

So was the issue you were seeing only happening with encounters created during the current toolset session or with two encounters that were created days ago? If it involves encounters created many saves ago, they may have the same encounterTag so change those to be unique (edit the encounters.json file in a text editor). If it only involves encounters duplicated during the current season then the trick of saving and reloading the toolset should do the trick. Either way, your shouldn't have to recreate any of the encounters as they are stored separately in the .json file as separate objects and we can figure out of it is an issue with tags or the trigger object class or the duplicate function not using a proper DeepCopy() function.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Pongo » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:09 am

Thanks Slowdive!
I might have misdiagnosed the problem. I checked the .json files and all of the encounterNames were unique, so that shouldn't be a problem.
I tried deleting the trigger and remaking it from scratch, but the problem persisted.
Then I tried using random encounters from my list (ie, ones that weren't duplicated) and the problem persisted there as well. Every time I put any encounter in any of the Event fields, it is replicated in all the other Event fields. So therefore it can't be a duplication problem, because it doesn't matter which of the encounters I try to use.
I've got to go to work now, but I'll spend a bit more time experimenting with it tonight to see if I can work out what I've done wrong...!
Pongo
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:54 am

I can confirm the bug, Phil. I can reprodcue this also for e.g. container event. Looks like all three events of a trigger are forced to use the same event tag.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:47 am

Hmm, when looking at the file of area affected (e.g. barracks.cs) the tags for the events are set correctly (well, at least for container event tags I tested with). Looks like it's more a problem on the display side of things in the toolset?
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby Pongo » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:19 pm

Great, thanks for looking at this Karl. If it just a cosmetic issue for the toolset then that's fine - I'll check this out later.

All levels are now complete, with tilesets, convos, items (a few need new icons), and containers etc in place. The only outstanding convo is the very final one to wrap up the module, which I mean to make the very last thing I do with it. Last night I added in Journal Entries for the first three dungeon levels, I'll finish that this week.

So - the main thing left to do is to play test it to death! :) I had a quick go at the weekend and most of the first level works fine, although one convo wasn't doing what I wanted (I had to move convos around, which ultimately led to the Event question above). I've reduced all the creatures to 1 HP at present so I can just test things are launching correctly and gauge how quickly levelling is happening. I'll come back to balancing combat later.

The only completely outstanding issue is traits. I'm not sure whether to include them this time (eg convo specific traits like persuade) or to come back to it at a later date. When I've got everything working properly and balanced I'll make a decision I think. I reckon I still need about a month to check all of the paths etc work ok.
Pongo
Backer
Backer

Postby Dorateen » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:58 pm

Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby Pongo » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:12 pm

Thanks!
Heard of it but never used it - sounds like something I need to look into!
Pongo
Backer
Backer

Postby Dorateen » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:18 pm

hit d for debug mode, and that will make a kill button available during combat.

That's how I get through testing with low level characters, and still gain xp from the battle.
Dorateen
Backer
Backer

Postby Pongo » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:25 pm

Thanks - that will definitely save loads of time. Even trying to hit an enemy to do that 1HP damage can take many attempts at Level 1...
Pongo
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:28 pm

Yes, the "d" hotkey for debug mode is avaliable only the main map screen (adventure maps). We should probably add this toggle to combat map screens as well. Debug mode also provides feedback on some behind the scenes stuff like variable assignments, creature targeting pc, fps, etc.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General IB2 Module Discussion