Image File Formats and Sizes

Any documentation, tutorials, tips and tricks, or examples on how to use the IB2 Toolset

Re: Image File Formats and Sizes

Postby youngneil1 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:35 am

It shows indeed that you have drawn lots with pencil already :) . My first digital attempts (and my current, too :lol: ) dont look nearly as good. Digital painting is big fun - it gets better everyday, especially when discovering the powers of the graphic program used (Adobe Photoshop touch in my case).

Less frames and more creature variety is the right way to go, I agree. If you find inspiration you can always do a three or four framer occassionaly for select creatures. The new flexible system allows for that with ease (just copy the sprite sheet into the graphics folder and define it as sprite for the creature, that's it).

Keep the good stuff coming, gold box style is most welcome, it's really masterclass :) .

Oh, and mayhaps remove the background color used (pink/green/whatever) before uplaoding, so that it's just the sprites on transparent background (otherwise we have to do this manually later on).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Re: Image File Formats and Sizes

Postby Pongo » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:37 pm

There's loads of personality in that animated gif! Great work, look forward to seeing more of this.
Pongo
Backer
Backer

Previous

Return to Users Guide and Tutorials