[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
IceBlinkEngine.com • View topic - Engine Bugs

Engine Bugs

Report any bugs or ideas/suggestions that arise during testing of the Alpha Build Version 2

Engine Bugs

Postby slowdive » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:40 am

Report and bugs found while testing the alpha build 2 engine
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Engine Bugs

Postby youngneil1 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:05 pm

youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:14 pm

Could reproduce above crash again - game ran stable in same situation. I then changed the Movement Dealy (ms) from 300 to 100 ms get a more fluid move impression (I had done that prior the first crash, too, which I just recalled). I made some more moves and then it crashed again with the same bug report. Looks like it's connected to the delay setting on first impression.

Edit: Again, reproduced. Had to do some serious running with 100ms before it happened. Also, the map background image is dispalyed a red X on white ground in the momemnt of the crash (or thereafter?).

Perhaps it's related to animation setting of the sprite I move? It's flagged as prop with the standard settings, i.e. non-animated. Should it have the actor flag?

Edit2: Could force the same error in the alpha2 standard module. Happened near the hidden red donut (nice one :-)). Aagin I usee my "moving prop" sprite. Let's see if I can force it to appear when using the normal hero.

Edit3: Oh ok, could force it with the "actor" hero (animated) , too. But took really some time and fast movement (hold key down) against the donut, at 100ms. Probably hectic moves and low ms delay can spam memory quite fast before it's cleared. Furthermore I noticed I could play on after clicking the error reports away. Migth be the explanation why the debug log contains nothing. All in all looks like a bug I have to rather force right now, so it's probably not so imporant to hunt down (?).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:20 pm

This is a good one. I did some googling and I may need to add more disposing commands throughout the code. Wasn't a problem before the animation code was added, but animation adds more frames and spamming the movement commands could quickly overload memory before the garbage collector decides to do away with unused frames.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:32 pm

Looks like the engine does not make use of the idle animation for the actor sprite. In the toolset animation editor it works though (also walking works really nicely in engine and toolset I may add).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:11 pm

Also in combat there's no walk (nor idle) animation.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:18 am

Probably already fixed (see daily blog update on memory leak), but just to be sure: the memory leak when walking the map leads to crashes very often when walking on larger maps than 16x16. I tried a 32x32 and it crashes quite soon (and regularly).

Edit: This also happens when using a non-animated prop sprite as player token.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:52 am

When beginning the game on a 32x32 map and then expanding the game window to full screensize, the player start location and surrounding squares are actually displayed two times on the screen: once in the center, and once aagin in the lower right (including two times the player token). Upon first move this aligns somehow to a single dispaly and everything is fine. Odd and no biggie, just a little irritating.
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Return to Alpha Build 2 Bugs and Ideas Reporting