Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.

Re: Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

Postby slowdive » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:05 pm

So the computer area is somewhat setup. Last night, my daughter and I started playing Hearkenwold together (after we had fished another family Icewind Dale season... we are on second level of dragon’s eye and barely defeated the talonities+trolls area after a few reload and strategy changes). She is a female human wizard and I am a male human cleric. I think we will as a fighter and maybe an archer. We only played for a bit before her bed time. Well try and play for 30 minutes walk night before bed.
User avatar
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3156
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:58 pm

Re: Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

Postby Dorateen » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:10 pm

slowdive wrote: Last night, my daughter and I started playing Hearkenwold together (after we had fished another family Icewind Dale season... we are on second level of dragon’s eye and barely defeated the talonities+trolls area after a few reload and strategy changes). She is a female human wizard and I am a male human cleric. I think we will as a fighter and maybe an archer. We only played for a bit before her bed time. Well try and play for 30 minutes walk night before bed.


That sounds like a lot of fun. Dragon's Eye was such a great dungeon. I really enjoyed reaching the lower level there. The yuan-ti pretending to be friendly, and after 4 levels of a life and death struggle, you almost want to believe them as a welcome relief. Sensing something wasn't right, I remember our party's paladin casting detect evil and watching all those characters on the screen glow red. It was a genuine unsettling moment.
User avatar
Dorateen
Backer
Backer
 
Posts: 992
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:08 pm

Re: Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

Postby slowdive » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:48 am

So we ended up going with a party of four. My daughter controls two and I control two. I have a dwarf male fighter and a human male cleric. She has an elf female ranger and a human female wizard. We finished exploring the castle and are now venturing out in to the great outdoors to complete the task of hunting goblins. I have been enjoying all the new additions to the original areas including new dialog options, encounters, and other hidden gems. The engine has really taken a new level of polish thanks to Karl’s hard work and input from others. Plays very well, I’m using the newest version of hearkenwold and the engine that came in the download.
User avatar
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3156
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:58 pm

Re: Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

Postby slowdive » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:21 am

We updated to Hearkenwold 174 and continued our journey. My daughter (10) is having a lot of fun exploring, although she gets scared as she walks around the map. I have guided her a bit to stay on the simpler part. We are in the goblin cave and our little part of four is doing well so far.
User avatar
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3156
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:58 pm

Re: Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

Postby Dorateen » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:13 pm

Hey, that is great to hear! Yes, it can be a dangerous world for a young party. I was going to suggest sticking close to the road, but then I recall there are some encounters that can pop up there as well. But then, most of the fun is making your own path and going off the road. I hope she is enjoying it.
User avatar
Dorateen
Backer
Backer
 
Posts: 992
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:08 pm

Re: Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

Postby zach_holbrook » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:26 am

slowdive wrote:We updated to Hearkenwold 174 and continued our journey. My daughter (10) is having a lot of fun exploring, although she gets scared as she walks around the map. I have guided her a bit to stay on the simpler part. We are in the goblin cave and our little part of four is doing well so far.


This is really cool!
zach_holbrook
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:52 am

Re: Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

Postby slowdive » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:25 pm

We have been playing IWD:EE together as a family (daughter 10, son 5) on iPads and a tablet. We are on the 4th level of dragon’s eye and they found out that those nice friendly people are not what they seem as Dorateen described :lol:
My daughter (10) is controlling a female elf archer and a female human undead hunter. My son (5) is a male human dragon disciple. My son loves his fireballs and uses them judiciously :lol: I have my tank runout in front with 100% fire protection. Since my daughter is getting proficient with the infinity engine, she decided to start a single player game of Baldur’s Gate. She is now at the friendly arms inn and her one question is why is everyone trying to kill her? Why the bounty on her head? She keeps asking if anyone else is going to ask her for her name and then tell her to hold still while they attack her :lol:
User avatar
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3156
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:58 pm

Re: Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

Postby zach_holbrook » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:10 pm

slowdive wrote:We have been playing IWD:EE together as a family (daughter 10, son 5) on iPads and a tablet. We are on the 4th level of dragon’s eye and they found out that those nice friendly people are not what they seem as Dorateen described :lol:
My daughter (10) is controlling a female elf archer and a female human undead hunter. My son (5) is a male human dragon disciple. My son loves his fireballs and uses them judiciously :lol: I have my tank runout in front with 100% fire protection. Since my daughter is getting proficient with the infinity engine, she decided to start a single player game of Baldur’s Gate. She is now at the friendly arms inn and her one question is why is everyone trying to kill her? Why the bounty on her head? She keeps asking if anyone else is going to ask her for her name and then tell her to hold still while they attack her :lol:



She sounds very sensible! It will be a long road to get answers to all those questions... You inspired me to redownload Icewind Dale EE. I was tempted to get it on Switch, but because I already have it on PC I couldn't bring myself to do it. I'm curious how it plays in that format though.
zach_holbrook
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:52 am

Re: Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

Postby slowdive » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:35 pm

It plays very well on tablets (or any touch screen), but I’m not sure myself how well it would work out on consoles.
User avatar
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3156
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:58 pm

Re: Slowdive's Little Daily Blog

Postby Pongo » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:23 pm

Did Iceblink Basic get taken down from the Google Play store? I can't find it.
User avatar
Pongo
Backer
Backer
 
Posts: 645
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:58 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General IceBlink Project Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest