[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
IceBlinkEngine.com • View topic - Engine Bugs

Engine Bugs

Report any bugs that arise during use of the Engine and Toolset

Engine Bugs

Postby slowdive » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:10 am

Report any bugs found while testing the IceBlink Engine.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Engine Bugs

Postby Lurking Grue » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:19 am

In the Lanterna module, I had the entire map go black when I was inside the tavern/inn and was checking out the locked rooms in the back. For the middle door, I choose option 2 (IIRC, apologies if I remember the option numbers wrong, I'm writing this from work and can't recheck these) to pick the lock without first checking for traps with option 1 and the map went pitch black. I could still open invetories and character sheets, which were showing fine, but there was nothing I could do to get the map back (without restarting). If I chose option 1 first and then option 2, everything worked fine (for the leftmost door, that is).
Lurking Grue
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:00 pm

youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:22 pm

The black screen is due to losing the DX9 device. I need to add some fancy code for detecting the loss and rebuilding everything when that happens. Should also help with resetting the device when the form is resized. I once had this working, but it gave me huge memory leaks causing the game to crash (unfortunately, DX is unmanaged code :evil: ). I'll need to revisit this again.

I fixed the CritMultiplier. Curious, why use a for loop which uses different damage rolls for each multiplier? Why not just roll for damage and multiply that result by the criticalHitDamageMultiplier?
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:35 pm

Hehe, I found it a bit too extreme in the occurence of damage spikes to multiply just the damage. A damage two times rolled is less likely to produce results at the extreme end than a damage multiplied by 2 (like rolling a 12 with 2d6 is a 1/36 chance, while having a damage of 12 with multiplying one roll a single d6 by 2 is a 1/6 chance...). Just a matter of taste I guess :D
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:37 pm

slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:59 pm

For beta build v2:

Looks like all classes do not use their base values when calculating their saving throw boni. Regardless of character level, all my chars only receive saving throw boni in the height of the attribute modifier, but not the boni to saving throw (Will, Fort, Ref) for the level in the particular class (base_values).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:17 am

slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:43 am

youngneil1
Backer