A question about sprites and movment

How to create sprites, animated sprites, portraits, etc.

A question about sprites and movment

Postby Skitnik » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:28 pm

If I understand correctly, the sprite sheets support only one animation for movement, on X axis. Is there a way to change the sprite when walking / facing up and dawn ?
Skitnik

Re: A question about sprites and movment

Postby slowdive » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:46 pm

Walking animation only works for PCs at the moment. If you are using top down type sprites, the walking animation will rotate to the direction you are walking. If you are using front facing sprites, the walking animations flip right or left depending on the direction of walking. I haven't really tried the top down in along time so I'm going off of memory, but it should work. If you are using top down, you may want to try a quick sketch up (stick figure) and test it.

Also, now that I think about, I don't even have an option for defining the sprite as a "TopDown" in the Sprite Editor. You would have to go into the sprite's file (.spt) and change this line:

<TopDown>false</TopDown>

to

<TopDown>true</TopDown>

If you are looking to use front facing (all of us have been using front facing so far) and want to have a different looking Token for up-down then you have for left-right, we don't have a way of switching that out at this time with out using scripting (which may slow things down a bit anyway). You do bring up a good point and that should be something we add as an option for module authors to use. I'll add it to the list.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Tokens, Sprites and Portraits