[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
IceBlinkEngine.com • View topic - Working with GitHub

Working with GitHub

Discuss scripting for IceBlink Engine

Working with GitHub

Postby sinopip » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:18 pm

sinopip

Re: Working with GitHub

Postby youngneil1 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:32 am

Uiiii... many thanks for sharing, that looks like quite the procedure :o :lol: .

Maybe there's some graphic interface way to do this? Pushing my test branch up worked via some clicking (cannot test right now). Anyhow, mighty fine that your excellent work is merged now, yeah :D !
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby sinopip » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:21 pm

I'm on Windows XP, .NET 4.5 can't be installed, so I can't use the "GitHub for Windows" app. :(
I'm fine with console commands, unless someone can point me to a free app for XP.
sinopip

Postby youngneil1 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:56 pm

Aye, I see. All the more impressive you got it up and runnig there :) .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby sinopip » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:52 pm

I added a comment to an existing issue I created in GitHub, but I accidentally removed the issue by clicking on "Close and comment" instead of "Comment" button, just to let you know.
It wasn't important, but I wonder if there's a way to dig the issue up.

Edit: I found on GitHub that "Pulse" shows all history of pull requests and issues. :)
sinopip

Postby youngneil1 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:22 pm

Good to know - I always feared deleting stuff by accident. That double net catch is most welcome :) .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby sinopip » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:15 pm

Hello everyone, I'm back, ready to roll the dice again! 8-)

With my break (shame on me :oops:, along with playing Civ5 and NWN2 online), I now have some reflection about IceBlink. What I'm now going to work on is :

(engine) - UI for Spells and Traits window (wrap buttons within a scrollbox) ;
(engine/Toolset)- autoscroll the area map when the mouse is on the borders of the render panel ;
(engine/Toolset) - integrate "AttackHitSound" and "DeathSound" in the engine and properties in Toolset (currently, LocalStrings must include, for creatures and items, the property "OnScoringHit" with the "HitSFX.cs" script that I wrote earlier).

I'll give a try at these and I'll post about their progression (by the way, should we make some "Engine and Toolset Development" thread instead of this one? and where?).
sinopip

Postby slowdive » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:02 pm

The proposed improvements and additions to the engine and toolset sound awesome! Integrating any common scripts directly into the engine and having gui or propertygrid for using them in the toolset would be excellent. An engine and toolset development thread would be good as well. At some point, we need to make a new build with all the improvements by sinopip and James and post it to The Vault.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby sinopip » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:17 pm

I have some questions about GitHub.
I want to use my fork again, but does anyone know how to use the revision of it when it was merged with the master, and not the last one?
Also, the last revision of my fork included a .doc file about creating/editing spell scripts. Shall I put it once more in my (new) branch?

I'm not sure about GitHub, but I think I need to re-branch/fork from the master and make my changes from there, I suppose (and re-add the .doc file) ?
This is how I think I'll use GitHub, but perhaps someone has a better understanding than me.
sinopip

Postby sinopip » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:25 am

Okay, I managed to do it right. I used my fork to update the files from the master branch of the main project, it wasn't that difficult.
What I think is more tricky is to branch from a specific revision/commit (but we don't need it at the moment).
sinopip

Next

Return to Scripting