Coding Task List - Before IB2 Initial Release

Discuss anything in general about the IceBlink Engine + Toolset project (or anything else) here.

Re: Coding Task List - Before IB2 Initial Release

Postby youngneil1 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:35 pm

My first test villager flawlessly leaves a street and enters a house (and the other way round later) now, following his daily schedule correctly. Messaging (just arrived, heading off towards...) and zoom level change work as intended during the process. Very promising start :) .

Also, I allowed bump triggers to be set to work only when being approached from a required direction. This allows for more precise and detailed level building (eg a corner door transition working only when approached from the south).
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:49 am

Loving world 2.0 begins. I really loved what you had created a long time ago with the villagers going to the pub and farming then home to sleep... All on flexible schedule.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:45 pm

Thank you, Jer :) . Many changes from the past few years culminate in setting up this little village, so I am really happy, too, to see it all come together (slowly).

That said, I spend a few hours in the last two days hunting down a really well hidden bug that sometimes made viallgers just disappear (different ones, depending on which houses I entered first). Turns out, it was just one misplaced bracket (grrrr), but that's obvioulsy already enough to spoil any carefully set up logic (and even more so my duct taped constructs :lol: )..
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:53 pm

I will curse myself for the effort and hard work it will cause me, but I am contemplating to add a paint waypoint mode to the toolset.

A button (like height currently) will switch it on. It will show the waypoints of the currently selected prop as graphic symbols on all open maps. A left click on map will add another waypoint, a right click will remove. In this mode a left click on an existing waypoint will allow to edit this waypoint for bark strings, departure time/order number, wait time.

Waypoints will show their order number directly on map (in case of time driven movers this number is autocalculated from the time setting).Time driven movers will also show departure time under their order number on map.

First and last waypoints have different color for their order number (eg green and red). For time driven movers departure times of first and last waypoint are automatically set, deoenping on the relevant interval of the mover.

Non-time driven movers do not allow waypoint setting on other maps than the one the prop itself is on.

Post location might be a specoal proprty (or maybe post movers allow only one waypoint which is the post).

Chasers might have different colored squares around waypoints than non-chasers.

There might be an additional show all wp button...

WIP...
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:08 am

IB Beta v170 - no liabilities, no warranties, use at your own risk:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pa1jtx4lom3x9 ... 0.zip?dl=0

- just a little thing, but it was tricky to do right and actually makes level building more fun: The adjust height levels mode in toolset (when height toggle is on) works much faster faster and is more responsive now (for all squares but those directly on the borders of a map which take a bit longer to process due to possible interactions with squares from neighbouring maps); furthermore, by keeping the left or right mouse pressed you can just paint large fields of height level changes by moving the mouse around the map (like when you paint with tile graphic selected); these changes combined speed up building maps that use height levels quite a bit
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby youngneil1 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:51 am

Added the new button/toggle for Waypoint Mode (WP) next to the - now shortended - Info mode button. Next I just have to code the underlying functionality :lol: ...
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby slowdive » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:38 pm

Excited to see the waypoint wizard type feature. I really loved the old video you made with all the living world villagers waking around town on a daily and weekly schedule... Farming, pubbing, sleeping, chatting, etc.
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby youngneil1 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:37 am

Yep, this is what I go for right now. I am on a three weeks holiday right now, so coding time is a bit erratic. I fixed a few bugs in the toolset while working on the paint waypoint mode (concerning mostly right click on tiles to select a object on the tile for editing). Slowly, but steadily :) .
youngneil1
Backer
Backer

Postby zach_holbrook » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:13 pm

Have a lovely holiday. Mine is now over, alas, but my fall schedule is more forgiving in some ways than last year's.
zach_holbrook

Postby slowdive » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:37 pm

I hope your vacation has gone well! Lots of fun times to come with Iceblink Engine!
slowdive
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General IceBlink Project Discussions